Television (Malcolm Watford)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Very sorry to hear this, the times I came across him on the other side he was very helpful and knowledgeable.

For me, the true measure of a man is whether he's tried to leave this planet a better place and I think Malcolm has done that.

Never met Malcolm but have seen the level of help he has offered to hundreds of people.

It was kind of expected but as said it is still a blow.

God Bless you Malcolm

Sad news, I cannot recall any meaningful contact with him but mainly enjoyed his posts.

I get the impression that he can look back on life and know that he did some interesting things with it.

I'm hoping to make it, albeit I'm in Houston on a job which may run over (hoping not). I bought an SL from Malcolm, true gentleman - I hope to be there and meet up with those of you I've not met yet....

My CLK seat works properly, thanks to Television......

Such sad news for the Thesaurus of Mercedes knowledge

Will be away on holiday, but I am sure it will be well attended and everything Malcolm and the family want it to be.

Very helpful, generous bloke but God could he get wound up if someone disagreed with him, usually to the extent he ended up with a long ban from which ever forum he was on at the time.

One of those personalities that makes the world a more interesting place.

Never met Television, but he helped me here and on the otherside after he was banned from here. Always went out of his way to help those with less technical nous:thumb::rock:
Superb font of knowledge - the world needs more people like him - he will be missed:(

Malcolm was generous with his time and knowledge.
He's helped me with a few niggles, - parking sensors, Bose sound system / D2b, and dash switches spring to mind.

Saved me a fortune, and lots of time. (And I'm sure many more of us)

I salute you Sir. Thank you.

Such sad news, has helped many including myself over the years

I read with shock recently. Never met the gent but have read over the years great posts, very informative ones. Today I decided to do a bit of research and found this thread. Malcolm had already helped me with my first MB in 2004. Soon after and as usual my typos were in the post and someone else took the mick out of my post but Malcolm stepped in and told off the poster like a head master telling off a naughty boy, I have never forgotten that.
He was a very generous and decent guy by all accounts.

MSG Like so many of us on the forum that had never met Malcolm . But if you had a problem it was just like talking to your teacher . Malcolm helped me out so many times ....

Knowledgeable man!

I met him a couple of times at get togethers. He could appear short tempered on forums, but in person he was an utter gentleman. I liked him a lot. I had crossed swords with him on forums before I met him, but after meeting him in person our online contact became mutually respectful. I actually miss him a lot. Something I feel I wouldn’t have said if I hadn’t spent that time in the man’s company.

Malc helped me out when I had a battery drain on my E55.
I drove down to his house in Lyme Regis and he couldn't have done more to assist.

He did rub up a few on the forums and was reluctant to admit he was wrong, but he had such a vast knowledge of the brand I had nothing but admiration for the man.
The last GTG was bitter sweet knowing it would be the last time we'd see him. But it was a really pleasant day with Malcs family and other members making it a day to remember. Sadly he passed away about a week later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom