Tell me about Airmatic on W212

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MancMike

Hi,

I'm seriously looking at W212 E350 CDIs now.

I've read about airmatic and everyone seems to sing it's praises, saying it's like riding a magic carpet.

Does anyone have experience of both airmatic and non-airmatic suspension on the 212?

I'm curious to know how much of the ride quality is apportioned to the airmatic option alone, over just the bigger size/weight of the 212...

I've been in a non airmatic 212 as a passenger and it felt a little better than my 204, but I wouldn't have said it was amazing, given my 204 is an Elegance with tiny 16 inch alloys.

We've got Non air 212 220d Mike. It's on 18" RF's and its exceptionally smooth (to us) even over pot holes.

Compared to our old B180 on same size wheels with sport suspension which used to shake your fillings out.

I'm not sure how much better air is.

Thanks. That's what I'm hoping to find out! The non air E I was passenger in felt smoother than my smooth-as-they-come C, which must have been mainly the bigger size and weight.

If the air ones are even better still then I want to add that to my increasingly stringent checklist as I can wait for the right car to come along...

I've got Air on my e55k, 211 , Its miles smoother and better damped than a friends std coil spring and shock setup on his w211

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom