tell me about....barbecues.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This was a very timely thread for me, I was just looking for a new one.

I was going to go down the same route as my previous and get an Outback but I decided based on the feedback to get a Weber.

I just ordered a Weber Spirit Classic E310 from B&Q with an extra 10% off using voucher code MVCMAY200 cost me £374.40

Let us know how you get on with your new bbq Mick. I'm looking for a new one too, almost certainly a gas-powered one.

Do they sell ones that don't Waft smoke over the neighbours garden , or stink them out :rock:

Got a broil king signet 90 with rotisserie last year

Nearly got a Webber but didn't have cast iron grilles which is essential I think

My friend has had his signet 90 for about 6 years and still excellent bit of kit in spite of his son constantly whacking it with footballs etc

Need to have a good cover btw

I was replacing a previous mid priced gas BBQ that finally rusted, and wanted a BBQ that was good quality to give me another 10 years plus service.

By cheap and often isn't bad advice for bbq's in the uk actually, but if you appreciate quality equipment (your car for example) then buy quality and look after it. Feels more of an occasion to cook on it too, and it really does give great results!

With Webber need to spend a lot more than broil king for similar equipment.

I was going to go down the same route as my previous and get an Outback but I decided based on the feedback to get a Weber.

I just ordered a Weber Spirit Classic E310 from B&Q with an extra 10% off using voucher code MVCMAY200 cost me £374.40

Allow an hour for assembly.

Allow an hour for assembly.

And get it back when you light up - every time!

That is a good price, as I received a mailshot from Homebase this morning offering an extra 20% off until Sunday, and it is still cheaper.

Went round a depressing number of horrible diy shops and garden centres full of old people and a faint smell of wee and perfume.

anyway, good that the top end webers are, and definitely better on the mid range than many of the competitors they are, the weber didnt strike me as value for money. Merc money, vauxhall build. So went for a cadac 3 burner, with very solid grills, simple goo drain system, stainless burners, big wheels. Pleasantly surprised at the build process as many of the screws are pre assembled for 'keyhole' type attachment. They are obviously in a state of ccontinuous ddevelopment as the jnstructions were out of date as half the steps had been eliminated by clever and subtle design changes.

liked the interchangeable grill tops. Bit overpriced tho'.

3 burner version 399 from garden centre. Cheaper online.

dont buy a campingaz one was rusty in the showroom (pointed out by helpful staff)

Some proper barbecuing here

[YOUTUBE]PGlGdChYwZo[/YOUTUBE]

Bought a Weber 310 to replace my old B&Q version... quality seems bulletproof. just warmed it up yesterday to burn off any chemical/ paint odours etc... first real test on Sunday- cooking for 20 :)

Got mine cleaned up etc a couple of weeks ago, have only been able to use it twice since due to crappy weather! Still, it made an excellent job of the top rump beef on the rotisserie a couple of Sundays back! Waiting for a decent day, have some lovely pork spare ribs and a splendid marinade just waiting to be used!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom