Tell me about... Dalmations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What a heart-warming sight.

Did you choose your dog to match your decor or vice versa?;)

Ours is tricolour, which just about covers all bases for showing up hairs around the house.

But after 2 years with us I can't (and don't want to) imagine being without her.

Decor came first, but he does match quite nicely.

He's still growing. More interested in other dogs than he used to be. Met horses (and a steam train) for the first time. Not much bothered by the train. He thought the horses looked bloody big.

733996_10200189145826171_104573465_n_zps4fabdd06.jpg

Dog is pretty well behaved. He's not keen on larger dogs or moving objects when he's on the lead. Kicks off a bit.

If he's off the leads he's fine. Have to watch him around cyclists. Loves a good chase!

He's pretty predictable and is getting more so as he develops.

Still growing and enjoying the warm weather!

null_zpsb374d4ba.jpg

null_zps398663fa.jpg

null_zps094825f0.jpg

He's still growing. Don't know when he's going to stop.

A pleasant evening walk today.

null_zps6892cd9d.jpg

null_zps2dc4ae98.jpg

null_zpsfb03e9e1.jpg

He's had a might sausage, egg and bacon breakfast this morning. I'm a little hungry.

Bloody thief dog.

A friend of ours had a labrador which had puppies. They gave all the pups away bar one. When it was about three moths old, the older and very clever dog, opened the freezer and ate whatever meat it could find.
On getting home, the friends were confronted with the sight of the elder dog looking very sheepish, a defrosting freezer, and a puppy, sitting up on the sofa like a human, pot belly on display having eaten a large bag frozen peas, the empty bag lying on the floor in front of the sofa.

One of our collies once had an entire coffee & walnut cake off the kitchen table when we took her to my parents' house. All we found was the pieces of nut in a neat pile on the floor.

We had a family funeral this week on the South Coast. All of our usual dog sitters were there. First trip to Kennels. He survived, but had a good run today...

DSC_0365_zpsgm7tksmj.jpg

DSC_0371_zpsacz9bkil.jpg

Time does not half march on….

Domino is now nearly 9 and still very much part of the family.

His favourite thing is chasing stones on the beach, and as a next best thing a stick, the bigger the better.

He is very protective of the house and especially the car, but will modify his behaviour around kids, which is helpful as on a walk you will hear about 10 times a minute “look a Dalmatian”.

His hair is an absolute nightmare!

E1E39412-3A99-4017-ABB7-CF64FDB11FBB.jpeg
AEEBB0CA-A56D-4166-98CD-2F03881DD9F9.jpeg

Aww he looks a happy boy. My friend who I was at grooming college with has one she recently bought as a pup. Little Otis but he's not so little now. His legs seem to go on forever. He's deaf in one ear but is fine. It's not a breed you see very often.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom