Tell me about Infiniti!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
Having driven one at Goodwood. I'm being strangely drawn. They are very well made with tons of kit. Anyone any experience of the brand and it's cars?

I've never driven an Infiniti before but I really hope they make the Q50 Eau Rouge. GTR engine in a 4WD saloon :rock:

I'm sure you already know that they're owned by Nissan and are their "premium" brand similar to what Lexus is to Toyota.

infiniti-q50-eau-rouge-concept--2014-detroit-auto-show_100453066_l.jpg

Dave (DSLiverpool) has an FX50 and rates it. There's a good thread on PH. I'm drawn too !!

If you ignore the slight " BMW on steroids" look, the probable vertical depreciation curve, and the "endangered species" dealer network, --go for it. On the plus side they will be well screwed together.;)

I had a test drive of the M30d sport and loved it, very well made, was very close to getting one

Is it just me or does its look have elements of a C-Class with a little Volvo and BMW in there?
Cars are becoming so generic in looks that we have to become 'Japanese' in the way we look at them i.e. focus on the small details rather than the whole picture.

It looks fussy and over-designed. I saw on one the road last week and thought it looked like a Mazda 6.

Not an executive look.

They are well engineered, bomb proof and handle well which is all great if you can get past the looks, which I can't. I've had a Lexus RX all week in the US and that's a far better car. If you want to save even more money but with a little less prestige then the Mazda cx7 or cx5 are cracking vehicles as is the Nissan Mureno

That's my two penneth

I was attracted to the Q50 hybrid until I read quite a few magazine reviews and found none that rated it or the diesel version. I don't normally rely too much on magazine reviews but in this case the negative views seemed universal. Also the nearest dealer is some distance away from me.

They still have to have the name spelled out in full across the back , besides the logo , so that people know what they are ; unlike Mercedes , VW , Audi etc ...

That suggests to me they aren't quite 'there' yet .

Having driven one at Goodwood. I'm being strangely drawn. They are very well made with tons of kit. Anyone any experience of the brand and it's cars?

Colleague is on his second and likes them.

The styling (inside and out) is quirky. The interior finish and detail is very nice.

There are some very good deals on them at times.

However I've aso heard comments made about them by people who've never tried them and there's quite a bit of nasty prejudice against them.

I had a "QX70" as a courtesy car a while ago and loved it - once I got in the thing. I found it so ugly that I actually looked away as I walked up to the bloody thing.....

Infiniti/Nissans own promotional material describes its 'styling' as 'Unmistakeable & unforgettable' - which, as we all know, is marketing for "Pig Ugly". Interior was fabulous - with an amazing audio system, 360deg cameras etc etc.

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

However I've also heard comments made about them by people who've never tried them and there's quite a bit of nasty prejudice against them.

Indeed. Lexus suffered the same faith too. The old LS always seemed to be a target for the pub critic and their ilk, of course it never crossed their minds that it was Merc, BMW & Jag owners buying them. I just put it down ignorance, prejudice as you have stated and some people simply can't handle having their perceptions challenged either.

Go Infiniti, go.

I think the FX50 is a cracker....seriously thinking of it if I don't turbo my G.

CAR gave it 2/5 and What Car? gave the 2.2D 1/5.
Harsh!

It's always easy to take aim at brands without the same stature as the likes of MB, BMW, or Audi. You don't bite the hand that feeds you - whereas the likes of Infiniti suffer it the other way around and can't afford to upset the journos.

Seems to answer a question nobody asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom