Tell me about ipad's

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Piff

MB Enthusiast
Car
Porsche Macan S
So SWMBO changed to an iphone (I think it's a 5s) a while back & thinks it is wonderful.
She is constantly moaning to anyone who will listen that her Nexus tablet is playing up/going slow/etc/etc. It can no doubt be speeded up by doing a factory reset, but she is obviously angling for a replacement.
Christmas is coming so I'm thinking "what do you get the woman who has everything she needs (including a fantastic husband)?"
You're right - a new ironing board:devil:
Or, maybe an ipad:dk:

Now, I know nothing about these devices so please give me all the info I need to know about the different models.

She uses her current Nexus for the internet, reading books, music but not much more.

Why not get another Nexus? Far superior and better value than Apple products IMO. your paying for the name with iPads and she will have the best of both worlds with an Apple and an Android product.

They just work...

Come in Mini and full size. Cellular or Wifi Only. Lot's of memory choices.

They do not, we have an estate of around 2000 units at work and cause no end of grief. (sorry, dont want thread to turn into an Apple v Google thread)

I'm not ashamed to say we're an Apple family. Love our iPads. They never miss a beat.

Go for it, get her one and annoy all the Apple haters here.

Ant. :D

I find apple ipads and phones a real pain to be honest. The only reason I have an ipad is some work apps I use a lot are only available on ios.

Given a choice it's my Asus tablet I grab.

I find apple ipads and phones a real pain to be honest. The only reason I have an ipad is some work apps I use a lot are only available on ios.

Given a choice it's my Asus tablet I grab.

Just curious and not after an argument but can you elaborate?

We've had iPads & iPhones now for 5 years and never find them a pain.

Ant.

Just curious and not after an argument but can you elaborate?

We've had iPads & iPhones now for 5 years and never find them a pain.

Ant.

No argument here Ant your a happy chap so all good.

We have had battery issues and screen issues. My main gripe is the lack of sd card slot and the locked down attitude to the operating systems.

I use an ipod (occasionally) but beyond that I can't see the point of paying over the odds for a phone or tablet just because it's an apple. I've got a Windows phone - it makes calls, does texts, I can do e-mail & internet much the same as I would on an android or iphone. I have 2 tablets a Nexus & a windows 10 one (both given to me) I don't really need either. as I mostly use a desktop or laptop.
But some seem to be drawn to the Apple products.

No argument here Ant your a happy chap so all good.

We have had battery issues and screen issues. My main gripe is the lack of sd card slot and the locked down attitude to the operating systems.

Understood. I'm guessing if you're using to the full potential then owners like yourself will spot the flaws.

TBH we only use them for very basic/boring things so less likely to have issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use an ipod (occasionally) but beyond that I can't see the point of paying over the odds for a phone or tablet just because it's an apple. I've got a Windows phone - it makes calls, does texts, I can do e-mail & internet much the same as I would on an android or iphone. I have 2 tablets a Nexus & a windows 10 one (both given to me) I don't really need either. as I mostly use a desktop or laptop.
But some seem to be drawn to the Apple products.

I must add that we never pay over the odds for our iPhones or iPads. Never buy new, just refurbished from respected sellers.

Groupon sometimes has great deals.

Ant.

If you look at the resale value of most apple products you can sell them after a few years, if you want to get a newer model, for a lot more than the equivalent aged tablet from another company. Counteracts the high initial price.

Sounds like you've made up you mind to buy an iPad. Get a iPad Air 2. Get it from John Lewis as you get an extra year warranty. Doesn't sound like you need much storage so go for the lowest 32gb. It'll be a nice Xmas present.

I have lots of iThings™. They're OK, generally, as mentioned they're expensive for what they are, but they seem to be well made and certainly reliable.

My iPad is coming up on 5 years old now and still soldiering along, although it's noticeably slower than the new models. Battery life is still good though, I use it every day (although probably only for 20-30 minutes) and it only needs charging every couple of weeks.

I guess it'll do another year or two before I retire it, so total cost of ownership will pan out at a couple of quid a week. I'd have spent more than that on newspapers..

Cheers,

Gaz

I have had 2 Samsung tablets and I am now onto an IPad mini.

The IPad mini is far and away better than the Samsung.

I also have an IPhone 5s and a 7. I don't like them.

I have had 2 Samsung tablets and I am now onto an IPad mini.

The IPad mini is far and away better than the Samsung.

I also have an IPhone 5s and a 7. I don't like them.

We're (me, Mrs Ant & daughter) are still on iPhone 4's :eek:

They do the job that we need, phone calls, texting, email & Internet. Not sure what else we'd need from a phone. We're on sim only contracts so when/if we need replacements we just get on eBay.

I wouldn't have an iPhone 6 or above as the size of them is becoming ridiculous. Soon they'll be like iPad minis. :crazy:

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2 iPhones are not the bigger screens. They would fall out of my pockets at work.

In all honesty the 5s isn't bad but the 7 has the stupid new home button that over reacts to my heavy plumbers fingers.

I use a £100 Chinese Android tablet, works fine apart from cracks in the screen.

The 2 iPhones are not the bigger screens. They would fall out of my pockets at work.

In all honesty the 5s isn't bad but the 7 has the stupid new home button that over reacts to my heavy plumbers fingers.

Get yourself a Bluetooth headset Darrell. 'Alan Partridge' style. :D

Happytalk73 said:
Get yourself a Bluetooth headset Darrell. 'Alan Partridge' style. :D

I still see people wearing them. Do they realise how stupid they look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom