Tell me about Mazda 6 estates

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As a long term Mondeo owner from 2010 to 2019 I would seriously suggest you consider a mondeo estate. Dynamically they run rings around a Mercedes e class. Very cheap to run and (in my experience) totally reliable. I also test drove a Mazda 6 many years ago (2010) and the ‘then current’ model was a nice drive but lacked much in the way of noise suppression. Which put me off it as it was otherwise a nice car to drive.

I must confess to having a soft spot for Mazda: As noted in other threads I’m considering a CX5 as our Audi replacement.

Think I am winning the discussion at home with an E350. Keep fingers crossed

As a long term Mondeo owner from 2010 to 2019 I would seriously suggest you consider a mondeo estate. Dynamically they run rings around a Mercedes e class. Very cheap to run and (in my experience) totally reliable. I also test drove a Mazda 6 many years ago (2010) and the ‘then current’ model was a nice drive but lacked much in the way of noise suppression. Which put me off it as it was otherwise a nice car to drive.

I must confess to having a soft spot for Mazda: As noted in other threads I’m considering a CX5 as our Audi replacement.
Well, one of the things that would put the Mondeo ahead of a lot of other makes is its platform design, also used by Jaguar, and it has proved itself over and over again. For "Nippiness" I would agree with you, especially on the country roads that I drive on quite a lot. And also as to its longevity, and I've driven plenty them over the years. But I bought my 1st E class ( 2010 E class 200 CDI w212 ) 2 and half years ago, and upgraded to 2014 E class 220 a few minths ago. For me at any rate, the MB is the future.

Think I am winning the discussion at home with an E350. Keep fingers crossed
It would appear that you have won......and a beautifull example of an E Class too !!!! Well Wear, and welcome to the world of the OM651.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom