Tell me about - Nissan Juke ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Mind you I might hesitate to go to some of those yards decorated with bunting along Tollcross Rd :D

I wouldn't even entertain them , having said that some seem to be still trading after three decades of sales.

Kenny

The only offer we got by the way of a reduction was they would pay for one years road tax , £20 , on a £8.5k motor. When you see the breakdown of the figures they ALL charged for putting fuel in the tank , taxing the car and Peter Vardy wanted to charge us £95 to perform an HPI check on their car even though they must have done it already when taking the car in.

If the sticker price is competitive then why would you expect a reduction of any sort.

I get the impression that the big chains are trying to remove the haggle factor - partly to make the prices more competitive on the internet - and partly to reduce the amount of interaction between the sales staff and the customer (because an extended interaction is in effect time which is money). Reduced authority to haggle also means the sales staff are more constrained which large organisations tend to see as a benefit in terms of commoditising staff and making the customer experience consistent (even if you the customer seem to want something else!).

The 'fuel in the tank' thing isn't new. I can remember going with someone to pick up a brand new car 30 years ago and that was an issue then. Buy an MB and they will try not to fill the tank.

Taxing the car seems to be more of an issue now - but that presumably is in part to the shift in emphasis by the DVLA on tax discs and refunds on them.

If the sticker price is competitive then why would you expect a reduction of any sort.

I get the impression that the big chains are trying to remove the haggle factor - partly to make the prices more competitive on the internet - and partly to reduce the amount of interaction between the sales staff and the customer (because an extended interaction is in effect time which is money). Reduced authority to haggle also means the sales staff are more constrained which large organisations tend to see as a benefit in terms of commoditising staff and making the customer experience consistent (even if you the customer seem to want something else!).

The 'fuel in the tank' thing isn't new. I can remember going with someone to pick up a brand new car 30 years ago and that was an issue then. Buy an MB and they will try not to fill the tank.

Taxing the car seems to be more of an issue now - but that presumably is in part to the shift in emphasis by the DVLA on tax discs and refunds on them.

ISTR that if you opt for factory collection on your new MB , that they fill the tank , arrange transit plates and insurance , as well as putting you up in a nice hotel then the factory tour - I know there is a charge for all of this and you are paying for it , but I guess ( having never done it myself ) that they at least make you feel like a valued customer , which some UK dealers could take lessons in , it would seem .

Because the sticker price is never anyone's bottom line and to back that up I was just offered £500 off the absolute bottom price that I got yesterday by telling the chap that I was about to sign for another car.

Kenny

...and the price is not usually competitive.

Anyway , deal done and getting the car tomorrow.

2013 Acenta with 27k and the premium pack , navigation , reversing camera , electric windows X 4 and a sport button which has got to be worth 50% more go and a g meter to hone my cornering skills.

Kenny

If you press sport and put the car in sport driving mode - it does speed it up quite a bit actually.

It handles pretty well.

Don't tell Mrs JB how I know that though.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom