Tell me about owning a Range Rover..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A small update on the search so far.

I binned 1, 2 & 3:-

1. The 2011 SC AB FFRR in Green with ivory interior. I had a few concerns and a gut feeling about that one which I think was justified on account of it no longer being on the Approved Used LR site; it is now on Ebay and Autotrader.

2. A 2011 VSE with only 21,000 miles in Blue with Jet interior because the salesman said that at the purchase price, I would have to accept the scratches to both bumpers, three wheels and pay for the service due in February as well as a new test, all contrary to LR policy. He has since emailed to say all would be rectified if I was still interested which I no longer am.

3. Looked around two 2012 Westminsters and a 2010 VSE.

I test drove a 2012 (July) TDV8 AB in Santorini Black with Jet/Ivory Duo leather (Ivory main, Jet inserts on seats and piano black wood) on 38,000 miles.

A deal was discussed with the SL being put in part-ex (my van will be sold privately). We are happy with the deal but held off from going ahead straight away so we could discuss the pros/cons of the TDV8 against a 2011 SC AB with more owners and slightly less miles I have been looking at.

We are pretty sure we will go ahead with the TDV8 and this one in particular. Pictures and update will follow the purchase.

Last edited:
because the salesman said that at the purchase price, I would have to accept the scratches to both bumpers, three wheels and pay for the service due in February as well as a new test, all contrary to LR policy

Hmm.

...similarly, he will have to accept to fingers from you made in to a nice little V shape.

I test drove a 2012 (July) TDV8 AB in Santorini Black with Jet/Ivory Duo leather (Ivory main, Jet inserts on seats and piano black wood) on 38,000 miles.

Very nice, that's my favourite combo.

I think whichever engine you choose, you won't be disappointed, they both have their own merits.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom