Tell me about the GLC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
GLC ,Great band, excellent live. Shame they only got one album out before they disbanded. That's why the called it 'Greatest hits'

GLC ,Great band, excellent live. Shame they only got one album out before they disbanded. That's why the called it 'Greatest hits'
Hmmmm.... back in Eighties we had ELO, ELP, and others, but never heard of GLC?

....we also had the Greater London Council? That was way before Ken/Boris/Khan.

Food for thought there guys so thanks! I still fancy a GLC but need to get comfortable with the crabbing. It’s a lease car so residuals not of interest to me. As long as I can get on with the crabbing, that’s all that matters. Will report back in due course once test driven!

I don’t think you’ll be disappointed, it’s a great ride/drive, The crabbing shouldn’t be noticeable if it has all season tyres fitted as it reduces greatly even when the “standard” tyres are warmed up after a few miles (depending on temperatures of the tarmac). Certainly for me one of the best looking SUV’s, if it’s a lease vehicle you’ll have no worries about residuals as you said. Hope you enjoy the test drive[emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

does crabbing on GLC also happen on cars with the smaller 18" wheels?

The crabbing occurs on all right hand drive cars with summer tyres in cold conditions (have also heard some reports of it happening on lefties as well).

From what I have heard this is due to space restrictions when the car was re-engineered for RHD, as the steering box would not fit the lower front suspension mounts were moved 5mm forward, this caused a slight geometry compromise resulting in the low speed crabbing.

The more flexible tread blocks of all season and winter tyres only mask the problem and even with these tyres fitted I would expect the problem to resurface once the tyre wears and the tread block flexibility reduces along with its height.

As for wheel sizes you might be better off speaking to your local dealer to try and understand what all season tyre sizes are available as standard as I believe you can't get then for every wheel size combo

Having said all that I'm picking my GLC up at the end of June and I've gone with the 21inch wheels as I'm willing to put up with any crabbing, style over function, that's me ;)

Hmmmm.... back in Eighties we had ELO, ELP, and others, but never heard of GLC?
Goldie Lookin' Chain

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ah.. I see. Sorry not too clued-in about all this new stuff... ;)

Ah.. I see. Sorry not too clued-in about all this new stuff... ;)
New , NEW ! they have been around for 18 years, They have been number one unchallenged in their Genre since yr. 2000 .....but since they are the only one in their genre 'Welsh comedic rap band' this is hardly high praise. :p Youknowsit.co.uk !!

New , NEW ! they have been around for 18 years, They have been number one unchallenged in their Genre since yr. 2000 .....but since they are the only one in their genre 'Welsh comedic rap band' this is hardly high praise. :p Youknowsit.co.uk !!

I thought you said they'd disbanded? And only had one album? According to Wiki, they're still going, and they've had 10 albums. I'm not surprised they're still going - there's not much else to do in Newport!

Goldie Lookin Chain - Wikipedia

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom