Tell me about W213/S213

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
There has only been one face lift brochure Effective from June 2020 Production.
View attachment 101879

just looked .. still June 2020 but different on upholstery page

LMwj8e9k.jpg

You are right

Effective from June 2020 Production. Information correct at time of publication 16.07.2020.
Prices and specifications are subject to change without prior notice.
MBWS213PL/0720 MY801

Effective from June 2020 Production. Information correct at time of publication 03.09.2020.
Prices and specifications are subject to change without prior notice
MBWS213PL/0920 MY801 

interesting that the brochure does still state options for other colours at no cost.
Would be interesting to hear about the stealer on that one.

A lot of dealers are under pressure to sell only cars that are coming through and not order cars to be manufactured, I suspect Brexit bullshit politics.

You should still be able to order from the Designo range. I made an enquiry about ordering a car in a heritage colour (199 Blauschwarz, Blue Black or 189 Smaragdsschwarz Black Opal) and was told it was possible, along with options that are not possible on packaged UK cars such Heated Armrests, Carbon roof etc. Naturally, this is more expensive and a 20-24 week minimum lead but its a bit more exclusive.

Thanks, I will ask tomorrow when I am there

Are 213s really that good so nobody has anything to add or 212 is so much better that the owners of 213 wish not to be asked?
Back to the topic:
Diesel or Petrol still undecided which way to go.
Any common issues with any of the engines and/or gearboxes, electrics, infotainment,lacquer peeling and so on.
And how much different are they compared to S212.
Are there any real improvements or basically the same like facelift 212 but in different outfit.

Use this:D

Attachments

• A755AA65-C378-4404-B8FC-9ABDC0096C5B.jpeg
    A755AA65-C378-4404-B8FC-9ABDC0096C5B.jpeg
    669.1 KB · Views: 2
So far the 212 has proved a better car than a 213. The late 212's are great. I am not convinced of the build quality of the 213's or 205's just yet.

So far the 212 has proved a better car than a 213. The late 212's are great. I am not convinced of the build quality of the 213's or 205's just yet.
You know something, our 205 C63 is not a really tough Benz like the 212. You’re right.

Does anyone have a pdf UK sales brochure for W/S212 for 2015-2016 models (end of line) to share? The only one I can find is for USA models. I'm trying to figure out which trims and packages include Lane assist and Night vision but can't find anything.

After viewing (online) few of S213 the decision was made that it’s not for me. Too modern and flashy for my taste.
So, we are now looking for late S212 and it proves to be problematic and nearly impossible to find the combo we like. Preferably petrol E200, E250, E350 and 500 but those seams to be non existant on the market. E220cdi or E350cdi Night edition premium then.
Manual would be the bonus but putting that in search gives 0 results no matter which fuel type I choose.
Majority of available used stock of diesels is either black, grey or White. With Grey I could live with but then there is the interior. All are black and I want to avoid it if possible.
To cut the story short I’m now considering C7 Audi A6 avant or A6 Allroad as the choice of colours, engines (petrol and diesel) and trims is a way better than with E-class. There is even the abundant of cars with manual gearbox.
Am I mad?

After viewing (online) few of S213 the decision was made that it’s not for me. Too modern and flashy for my taste.
So, we are now looking for late S212 and it proves to be problematic and nearly impossible to find the combo we like. Preferably petrol E200, E250, E350 and 500 but those seams to be non existant on the market. E220cdi or E350cdi Night edition premium then.
Manual would be the bonus but putting that in search gives 0 results no matter which fuel type I choose.
Majority of available used stock of diesels is either black, grey or White. With Grey I could live with but then there is the interior. All are black and I want to avoid it if possible.
To cut the story short I’m now considering C7 Audi A6 avant or A6 Allroad as the choice of colours, engines (petrol and diesel) and trims is a way better than with E-class. There is even the abundant of cars with manual gearbox.
Am I mad?
It’s a depressing situation! But you may be right that Audi is the way to go. I sometimes look with enthusiasm at the C7 Audi S6 Avant, which tends to be available in nice colour choices. It’s a very mean-sized boot compared to the S212 though.

One other thought would be to go for an older but well-kept S212 as there were more petrol models sold back then and with more chance of a non-black one. They do come up for sale from time to time, especially if you’re not too fussed about engine size. You can get lucky and find an immaculate low-mileage example if you are prepared to wait.

Manuals S212 are a no-no, I’m not sure if they’ve been sold in the U.K. this century.

It’s a depressing situation! But you may be right that Audi is the way to go. I sometimes look with enthusiasm at the C7 Audi S6 Avant, which tends to be available in nice colour choices. It’s a very mean-sized boot compared to the S212 though.

One other thought would be to go for an older but well-kept S212 as there were more petrol models sold back then and with more chance of a non-black one. They do come up for sale from time to time, especially if you’re not too fussed about engine size. You can get lucky and find an immaculate low-mileage example if you are prepared to wait.

Manuals S212 are a no-no, I’m not sure if they’ve been sold in the U.K. this century.
You are absolutely right, the colour combo availability of Audi is way better. The boot size of C7 is my biggest concern as it's some 100lit smaller than in S212. I'll just have to check if the dog cage could fit in it.
If I decide to go to petrol route of earlier S212 face lift it might be a long wait game and tbh I'm trying to avoid AMGs. My current S212 Avantgarde is manual and they do exist but very few were ever made as such for UK market.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom