temp goes down under acceleration c220 cdi

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SquabzZz

Car
2017 GLC220 4MATIC
Hey people

I noticed sometimes when I want to over take someone on the motorway and drop a gear to accelerate when I accelerate the engine drops temp from like 90 to just over the 80 degree mark ..

Not sure how often it happens as it could only happen when the engine isn't fully warm I.e temp has only been on 90 for a couple of mins.

I'll have to try when I drive home tonight (85 miles)

Anyways is this normal or could be a air lock in the system car is a 64 plate and has done around 9k miles I always drive her soft but once and again on the motorway I might give her a little to clear exhaust as I do alot of city miles

As I said It only happens sometimes and again when it does happen I'm not sure if the car is fully warm as iv only noticed this on short motorway trips

Although mine is a petrol, I notice a bit of fluctuation in the temperature around the 'normal' level, particularly when the weather is cold, like today.

Ernie

Although mine is a petrol, I notice a bit of fluctuation in the temperature around the 'normal' level, particularly when the weather is cold, like today.

Ernie

Thanks for the reply mate least it's normal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom