Temperamental iPod touch with Comand/Media interface

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rude1978

Car
merc
I just upgraded my iPod nano to an iPod touch simply because I have subscribed to Apple Music.

The iPod touch will play maybe about 3 albums, If im lucky, before getting "device not connected " or something like "device not recognised"

I never had any problems using the iPod nano, despite it being very old.
I am using the same genuine cable from Mercedes and the genuine Apple lightening adapter. The car is a 61 plate c class coupe with Comand online.

Any help would be eternally grateful as I'm going crazy :wallbash:

rude1978 said:
I just upgraded my iPod nano to an iPod touch simply because I have subscribed to Apple Music. The iPod touch will play maybe about 3 albums, If im lucky, before getting "device not connected " or something like "device not recognised" I never had any problems using the iPod nano, despite it being very old. I am using the same genuine cable from Mercedes and the genuine Apple lightening adapter. The car is a 61 plate c class coupe with Comand online. Any help would be eternally grateful as I'm going crazy :wallbash:

Does it keep cycling ie say its connecting then fails over and over ? do you connect a phone via bluetooth as well ? just wondering as i had similar problem with iPod classic via cable and iphone 6 via bluetooth, it went away after resetting command and ipod. That is on an ntg4.7

Does it keep cycling ie say its connecting then fails over and over ? do you connect a phone via bluetooth as well ? just wondering as i had similar problem with iPod classic via cable and iphone 6 via bluetooth, it went away after resetting command and ipod. That is on an ntg4.7

Yes I also have an iPhone 6 connected via Bluetooth. I had the iPod nano connected via cable at the same time with no problems.
It has done the cycling thing at the beginning of me trying to get it to work but now more often than not it will just cut out randomly.

How do I reset the Comand? I have a reverse camera also attached, would the settings/guidelines for that mess up?
Thank you for the reply.

The reset was in the menu system, I think it also does a soft reset if you press and hold power button for a few seconds. you know thinking back mine worked perfectly until i connected iphone 6 by usb in centre console at same time as iPod via Media Interface , I now use the 12v cigarette lighter type connection with usb adapter and it hasnt happened since so maybe command doesnt cope with what appears to be 2 ipods at same time and gets confused ? worth a try ? it seems to cope with phone via bluetooth fine but I guess thats much simpler than ipod connection.

As for camera I have same , fitted by Comand, It didnt reset it and all was fine, there is a setting in hidden menu to activate camera but I couldnt honestly say for yours but prob be fine.

Sometimes on start up mine says no media connected and then springs into life a few minutes later. (Old iPod class on cable)

The reset was in the menu system, I think it also does a soft reset if you press and hold power button for a few seconds. you know thinking back mine worked perfectly until i connected iphone 6 by usb in centre console at same time as iPod via Media Interface , I now use the 12v cigarette lighter type connection with usb adapter and it hasnt happened since so maybe command doesnt cope with what appears to be 2 ipods at same time and gets confused ? worth a try ? it seems to cope with phone via bluetooth fine but I guess thats much simpler than ipod connection.

I dont have the iphone connected to the usb, only via bluetooth but maybe you are right, it could still all get confused with all the connections?

It has been fine for the last couple of days, I reset the ipod back to factory and then restored via backup. If it happens again i will try the comand reset.

I had spoke to soon, it happened again. Tried restarting both the Comand and iPod but happened once again. :dk:

Is the iPod running the latest software? When I dug an old one of the draw that was running iOS 7 it behaved like this until I upgraded it to iOS 9. Sorry if you've already done this.

rude1978 said:
I had spoke to soon, it happened again. Tried restarting both the Comand and iPod but happened once again. :dk:

I am tempted to trade my iPhone 6 in for a 64gb SE and just use that and keep the lowly ipod classic connected to sound system indoors. Apple offered £200 trade in on 16gb iphone 6

Is the iPod running the latest software? When I dug an old one of the draw that was running iOS 7 it behaved like this until I upgraded it to iOS 9. Sorry if you've already done this.

Yes already done this. I am starting to think now that it may be the iPod itself. I will try and get hold of another iPod touch and see what happens.

I am tempted to trade my iPhone 6 in for a 64gb SE and just use that and keep the lowly ipod classic connected to sound system indoors. Apple offered £200 trade in on 16gb iphone 6

It's a shame Apple Music can't be used on the nano as I wouldn't of had to buy the touch. The Nano being around 7 years old works flawlessly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom