temperature gauge eratic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tingtongpj

Car
E300 Hybrid AMG Sport Touring
help please

last night whilst going to the gym i noticed that my car took ages to start then i could constantly hear the coolant fan whizzing away. once i arrived i stopped and restarted the car and everything seemed fine.

on my way home the fan was quiet until suddenly the temperature gauge shot up into the red within seconds it dropped to 40oc then back up to 80oc then into the red and it continues to do this.

it has enough coolant in but i'm unsure if it's circulating properly around the system as if the pump is not working.

does anyone have any ideas or knowledge of a common fault ?

Hi did you get to the bottom of the cold start stall problem. I have the same issue and its driving me mad. Cheers Zak

i did it was the temperature sensor so i have the whole thermostat housing replaced which included the sensor.

since then i have found out that my water pump is leaking and sounding siezed so it's getting replaced tomorrow.

Water pump leaking on the m651 engine is a common fault mine was replaced last year. Thanks for reply about stalling issue

Called to mb on way home from work and mentioned temp sensor and their top tech was having non of it. Have you anymore info I can fire back at them. Cheers Zak

my temp sensor is mounted in the thermostat housing and came as a complete unit.

I recently replaced my thermostat/housing, I forgot to plug the sensor back in and the result of that was hard starting, temp light on, glow plug light stayed on longer than norm and when it did start it reved up quite high and the fan was running full speed but as soon as I plugged it back in all was back to normal.
So maybe it's ur sensor on the way out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom