Temperature gauges

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Peter D

Car
Mercedes C180 1995, Renault Cangoo, Mazda 326, Kia heap but still goes.
Having posted a comment previously regarding a temp gauge going up and down,many thank kinky for comment, I have looked through the net / MB literature for information regarding the wiring system of gauge to see:

A: Can a second gauge be spliced in to show true reading of engine temperature
B: If not will the disconnection of sensor lead cause any hic ups to system
C: If removal ok, were best to buy new gauge and sensor / adaptor, if required

So far minimal information gained

If anyone has done this before on a 1995 C180, advice greatly appreciated, epically if problems found with mounting position of gauge and wiring through to engine compartment.

New member, great site folks

Peter D

Peter,

Check out the Stuarts newly posted 190e on the "Members Gallery" and the 3 gauges just below the stereo.

Not sure about the choice the music though. Each to their own ...

K

K

Checked out Stuarts newly posted 190e on the "Members Gallery" and the 3 gauges just below the stereo. Seems a good place will investigate many thanks.

Something to think about yourself possibly, as you stated you had the same problem or are you going for replacement with out guarantee of solution.

See what you mean about music choice, although some bands are not that bad in small doses.

Peter

Peter,

Yeah - I do think it's a nice to have - but not critical for me.

If I was doing it I'd go for the digital multi-display meters.

As for the music in small doses - yeah I do agree .... 1 note or less! (sorry Stuart)

As I say - each to their own - I'm not sure this board is all Metallica/Anthrax/RATM listeners.

You know you can get gauges which sit on the a-pillar ....

cougar.jpg

contour2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom