temperature rising and it's freezing out there ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The part number of the thermostat I got from GSF is 176ME001 and it states on the receipt it should be 87°C

I don't recognise that part number. The number for my M104.980 engine is A1102000515.

Yes, 87 C is right. What make is the thermostat?

RayH

Yes, certainly.
Even with low air temperature the thermostat should keep the engine temperature at optimal level ...

Yes, certainly.
Even with low air temperature the thermostat should keep the engine temperature at optimal level ...

I did a bit of surfing for "Meyle thermostat quality" and didn't really find anything useful.

Regarding Meyle in general, I found everything from, "great, still good after 50K miles" through to "Chinese rubbish, never again".

I confess that I avoid anything but genuine MB aside from some Lemfoerder rear control arms I bought recently and Beru plug leads. I installed a Bremi cap and rotor and that combo lasted around a year before I refitted the 17 year old originals. Now on 100% MB.

RayH

Just to keep you updated , in case you're interested, the low temperature was caused by the wrong thermostat.
I took it out today and sods law it has a little , tiny, weeny number printed on the frame and it says 71° Doh!
My receipt from GSF states 81° so they obviously sold me the wrong one but now that I had it in the car I doubt they'll do anything about it ....
Ah, well, I guess I should have studied the bloody thing before I put it in and not do it on a winter afternoon when the light is fading ...

Take it back, they should exchange it no questions asked.

Just got a refund, was a fault in their system because the other ones we checked were all 71° although it said in their system it should be 87°

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom