Temperature sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLKdream

Car
CLK-240,Elegance
Hi folks, do you know where in the CLK is the temperature sensor located? I've noticed in my new CLK 240 that the outside temperature is giving me false (up to 5 degrees centigrades) reading. Is there any way to calibrate it? I wonder if it is too close to the engine!!.

Well, as a man who never gives up, I took my time to dismount the front right wheel, plastic protection and there it was.... the temperature sensor installed in a cosy, warmy receptacle... no wonder why I was getting high temperatures!! That location (close to the foglight) is also too close to the radiator... I think MB could have put a bit more of thinking on the location of this sensor. I went to see my wife's Nissan Qashqai and I found the sensor in the correct place (behind the Nissan logo in the grille, which is exposed to the ambient but still protected by the chilly winds). I am going to change the location of mine for a similar place. This evening coming from the office it was snowing and my temp reading was +9 deg C!!. Feedback later.

I believe on a W209 it should be attached to the grill between the fog lights so that it in the airflow

Right, it should be there. I'll change its location; thanks

Sorry, just seen your picture. On the AMG the sensor is fitted to a bracket which is part of the wire mesh on the off side front fog light surround. I'm guessing that it had been detached when someone replaced the bulb and left where you found it in the wheel arch!

Yes, but can you see the sensor from the outside? Meaning, if you face the grill, can you see it? The problem is that if the sensor is hiding behind a hard surface, it is giving false temperature I guess

There shouldn't be a hard blanking plate behind the grill. The fog light attaches to the bumper at four points and the wire grill is a push fit with clips around the edges. It sounds like its been blocked in for some reason, perhaps the clips have been broken or the edge going around the mesh has come away!

Finally I sorted the problem!!. If you see your car from the front, you will see on the left hand side -next to the foglight - a hole; that is exactly the place where the sensor should be located. I again dismounted the wheel and plastic cover and pushed the sensor inside the receptacle (hole) and secured it with silicone as the fit was not so good, but definitely that is the place where it belongs to. I will try to take a picture and post it. Thanks

Result!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom