Template for re instating bootlid badges

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abb

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes
I am contemplating on re-badging my W202 C43 for the sake of originality. Ironically I am in the de badge camp for all my cars I have owned, but considering re instating them on this.

IF (and it is a big if) I do go ahead, I have read there are templates available to ensure correct placement of them.

Can anyone shed any light to this? My local dealership did not seem to know! :wallbash:

there are template's , different ones for different models, I bought a set for the 211, they aren`t worth the money tbh as they don`t help with letter spacing , just positioning.

Reactions: Abb
Badges normally come ready spaced , there's the usual strip covering the adhesive and a clear slightly tacky strip over the letters which hold them in place after you've removed the adhesive cover strip. Last time I put badges on I taped a length of flexible plastic where the bottom of the badges should be to keep them all straight .

I am contemplating on re-badging my W202 C43 for the sake of originality. Ironically I am in the de badge camp for all my cars I have owned, but considering re instating them on this.

IF (and it is a big if) I do go ahead, I have read there are templates available to ensure correct placement of them.

Can anyone shed any light to this? My local dealership did not seem to know! :wallbash:

it’s just Eye of the tiger dude! :crazy:

That is me goosed then! One of mine of to the shops and the other returning with the change! :D (only kidding)
Ok Rommish. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom