Template letters to fight parking tickets

Discussion in 'OT (OFF Topic) Forums' started by Meldrew2, Dec 19, 2015.

1. Meldrew2

Meldrew2 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mine: BMW X1 2.0d M-Sport & BMW 420d M-Sport+ Cabrio Hers: BMW X1 1.8d SE (sorry, guys)
    Has anyone used this website?

Any success?

Any opinions on it?

DoNotPay

2. ash59fifty-uk

ash59fifty-uk Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C63, Ford Transit
    It all depends on the ticket, when you received it, what authority, where you received it etc etc

I've been through a million of these, any more info on it? (I assume you've received a ticket)

:thumb:

3. OP
    OP
    Meldrew2

Meldrew2 Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Mine: BMW X1 2.0d M-Sport & BMW 420d M-Sport+ Cabrio Hers: BMW X1 1.8d SE (sorry, guys)
    No, no ticket. I just came across a mention of the website on facebook and wondered if it was as good as some newspaper articles claim.

4. ash59fifty-uk

Car:
    W204 C63, Ford Transit
    Ah I see. It's good if you don't know what you're doing with tickets, there are a number of sites which do template letters as there is ones that do bailiff letters and other debt letters

General idea with tickets though is if it's a local authority it has to be paid, if it's with say... McDonald's in Weston Favell in Northampton charging you £75 for over an hours stay in their car park, then it's bin fodder!

5. lxi

lxi Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    SL63 AMG, prior to that A-M V8 Vantage, SL55, SL500 and many more
    Bad advice these days. The parasites (eg Parking Eye) that run these places have now (a) grown teeth and (b) got their acts in gear. They are winning cases

2 people like this.
  6. DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood MB Club Veteran

Car:
    BMW
    Hasn't there been a landmark case recently which will influence the outcome for those attempting to evade payment of these charges?

7. flango

flango MB Club Veteran

Car:
    Mercedes SLK R171
    Yes you can no longer evade, precedent has been set and parking company's can legally fine you and enforce that fine through the court's.

I posted the exact case reference a while back.

8. steveonts

steveonts Member

Car:
    CLS
    I beat a ticket about a year ago by appealing to POPLA on grounds of the fine not being fair and reasonable. I dont know if things have changed since then.

9. DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood MB Club Veteran

Car:
    BMW
    I think that it's more about those who still believe that you can simply ignore the tickets, or maybe those who fight to the bitter end even when there is ample evidence to support the landowner's claim.

10. steveonts

steveonts Member

Car:
    CLS
    ah right...

I wouldn't advise ignoring them. In most circumstances its worth fighting..Unless its the council of course and then youre done. :eek:

11. ash59fifty-uk

Car:
    W204 C63, Ford Transit
    I've had several from private companies, ignored each one except the very first one which I paid before knowing anything about them. Have had two local authority ones which I paid both as there's no getting away from them

Yes parking eye have been quite successful recently, they actually are very good at what they do but I did have a run in with them once where I was double dipped entering a car park a few times in one day (paying at each visit for work purposes) and they only used the first entry, and my final exit that day as evidence which I contested

The smaller companies have no leg to stand on and the McDonald's I mentioned is notorious for it, in the reason that multiple parents that attended the site for kids parties there (you're going to be there for over an hour) all received tickets and had them all dropped, I'm sure they cancelled that contract I haven't been there in a while