Tempted Low Mile E55 on PH

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BattleBarge

Car
None yet
Hello

I've been thinking about getting myself a new wagon and have been seriously tempted for an E55 for a while now.
I saw this one:
Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz AMG E55 AMG for sale in Birmingham | Pistonheads
on pistonheads and for the mileage it seems a great price and was wondering if anyone had any experience of it, advice, opinions etc?

It seems to have been up for a good few weeks now though which has me a bit wary as I thought it'd have been snapped up before now for those miles and money.
Plus I'm in Scotland so a trip to brummieland has to be worth it!

cheers guys

I viewed it before Xmas before I got my last e55 which was recently written off, it's a nice car! It's lack of options put me off buying it.

Cheers for the reply!

Options don't bother me. Never really have.
As long as it goes fast, stops and turns I'm happy!
More bothered about the condition it's in, rust, Valeo, SBC, airmatic condition etc.

You get a good feeling from the bloke selling it? (always important!)
Says it's a dealer but looks more like a geezer who flogs a few cars on the side sort of thing.

Yeh guy was nice, car was in very good condition, everything worked, suspension was all good :)

This car was originally for sale in Ireland and the chap who is selling it has now reduced the price... it was originally on ebay a good 6 months ago. I bought my E55 from him; from the photos, he still has the Brabus for sale and last time I was there he had a few RX7's in front. He is a nice chap... however my car had quite a few issues... namely he sold it with items not being on car as advertised; sat nav missing, no kleeman headers etc etc... to cut story short I gather he was selling on behalf of friend and he said he only did it as a favour and that he didn't know of the items 'missing' anyway Andy at PCD did all the sorting and came to around £1500 and anyway when I contacted him, he got really abusive and threatened me... eventually when He was sent a recording of our conversations, I gather he realised he had said quite a few things which were untrue and anyway we both made up and he finally sent me a gesture of goodwill for around £300..... Looking back at what happened, funnily I would still have bought the car as the issues were small and niggly. this car seems good but there is no harm in getting an inspection done for peace of mind?

Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated.
Think I might persuade myself to go for a look!

Let me know if you do and you want some company - it's in my neck of the woods (though I'm no E55 expert).

When I viewed it, it was sorn, but he did drive it around the block, he mentioned he knew acid from msl so might be worth calling acid see if he knew the car, one thing I hated was the plates lol! But that's a cheap easy change!

When I viewed it, it was sorn, but he did drive it around the block, he mentioned he knew acid from msl so might be worth calling acid see if he knew the car, one thing I hated was the plates lol! But that's a cheap easy change!

said same thing when I bought mine.. but as a novice didn't speak to Acid BEFORE buying:doh:

P.S gather the seller is a really big looking guy.... ask for YouTube link where he lifting massive amount of weights in gym!

he is a really nice guy, optician or something, but yes he is a big guy lol!

just remembered that the passenger seat when the pulse button was pressed it just flashed... other than that the only other bit i didn't like was the sat nav wasn't the command it is the arrow based system.

His a good guy I know him well.

That car in question has a gearbox issue apart from that I think it is ok but if someone is interested I can do a inspection.

Acid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom