Tempted to reply

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E CLASS

Received this the other day...quite tempted to reply and see where is goes...

(Without revealing anything to them of course.)

I am alive BTW!

>>

THE OFFICE OF PRESIDENCY
ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIMES COMMISSION
14A AWOLOWO LANE, IKOYI
LAGOS NIGERIA.
Motto: No Body is Above the LAW
FROM THE DESK OF: Mrs. Farida Waziri
Re: Payment Notification:
We are writhing to know if it's true that you are DEAD? Because we received a notification from one MR. GERSHON SHAPIRO of USA stating that you are DEAD and that you have giving him the right to claim your funds. He stated you died on a CAR accident. He has been calling us regarding this issue, but we cannot proceed with him until we confirm this by not hearing from you after 7days. Be advised that we have made all arrangements for you to receive and confirm your funds without anymore stress, and without any further delays.
All we need to confirm now is your been DEAD Or still Alive. Because this
MAN'S message brought shock to our minds. And we just can't proceed with
him until we confirm if this is a reality OR not But if it happened we did not hear from you after 7days, then we say: MAY YOUR SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE"
YOUR JOY AND SUCCESS REMAINS OUR GOAL.
May the peace of the Lord be with you wherever you may be now.
Your Faitfully,
Mrs. Farida Waziri
Best regards,
CHAIRMAN: ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIME COMMISSION(E.F.C.C).
ASSISTANT CHAIR PERSON (RITA HILLS).
+234-8167-231-366

If you do reply, use a separate email address... Create a gmail/hotmail one specifically for this...

These spammers rarely track the 1000's of addresses they send to, so wouldn't know the difference and it saves your inbox from a deluge of spam!

How do they expect someone to reply if they`re dead :D:D

I would use a 'defunct' address.

I'm just curious as to see what they will do.

Undecided as yet on the reply or not.

I might just reply and say sorry 'I am dead'!

That will fox them...

Last edited:
"Be advised that we have made all arrangements for you to receive and confirm your funds without anymore stress, and without any further delays."

I liked that bit best - receive and confirm my own funds!!

I have a separate email address which sometimes receives things like this. The name on there comes up as Jerry Maguire and when replying they think that a 'sports agent' has contacted them.

If you're going to reply then use a separate email address with a spoof name like Basil Fawlty or the like. They usually dont catch on for a long while.

As the motto is "Nobody is above the law" you could use an alias like Chuck Norris

Received this the other day...quite tempted to reply and see where is goes...

Isn't it obvious.

It's just a variation on the lines of: we have money to give you but you'll have to pay us a fee to get it released/transfered.

The lead in is just coming from a slightly different tack.

Reply that the information they have is incorrect, and in fact you are alive and well.

Then sign Osama Bin-Laden. :D

Read it aloud in your best Nigerian accent, and if you don't die of laughter, then I'd get in touch with them and take the pi55 even more. Wise about setting up a new email address though.

A radio station here was phoning these guys and saying things like " I have ordered my new car so when do i get the money" They just replied saying please send me an email and eventually hung up. Another person replied to my local online add for a 19" monitor saying he wanst to buy. please post it to zimbabwe. please tell me how much. I replied saying 100 euro, then he sent back " Ok i will send you the 400 euro to cover the cost of post aswell" It went on like that until i called him a dumb foook and what fools do they think we are. But joking aside, a teacher here fell for it and ended up paying out 100,000
and of course got nothing. advanced sales techniques they said were used and his own embarassment. So who wants to pay me for the long story ?

If you really want to play with them, have a read of this first. Plenty of hints, tips and warnings as well as some rather amusing tales.

Just don't mention this as a Nigerian scam or one or two members on here get annoyed.

Oh and where is Lagos ???

419eater.com join in the fun and bait them...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom