Temptronic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr. shr

MB Enthusiast
Hi,
Can anyone help with this one?

The climate control on my Dad's E240 has suddenly decided to blow out cold air. No matter what the displays say, there is nothing but cold air coming from all vents, including the rear (4 zones). The car normally warms up after a few mins, but now even after a good ten mile run, still cold air.

Even with both sides selected to AUTO, these is cold air at ALL temps.
I've tried swiching it off and then on. Stoping and starting the engine, but no joy.

Any ideas?

Thanks

shr

Maybe the cabin temp sniffer in the domelight has failed, when that breaks the climate goes nuts, mine did the same thing when I unplugged it but I can't remember if it defaults to max temp or min temp!

Fortunately there's still a year on the warranty so he'll be taking it to the dealership. But it will be interesting to hear what they have to say about it. No doubt it will take several visits to sort out. They never get anything right first time!!!! (Get the impression I'm a bit paranoid!?!?)

Had a similar problem on my w211 e class. took it to the delaers who said keep driving it and will sort itself out! They said could find nothing wrong. Took it to another dealer who replaced some heater valve that was sticking and all has been well since!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom