Tenorite grey metallic - polish recommendations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charliecloud

Car
AMG E63 S212
As title - are there any recommendations for a polish that covers minor scratches etc.

I polish with Poor Boys Black Hole, and then wax with a ceramic hybrid wax if I've clayed and done a full decon, or is it use a hybrid ceramic spray on wet 'hose off' wax like Meguires or Turtle Was, but I don't hose off, I try off with micro fibres.

I polish with Poor Boys Black Hole, and then wax with a ceramic hybrid wax if I've clayed and done a full decon, or is it use a hybrid ceramic spray on wet 'hose off' wax like Meguires or Turtle Was, but I don't hose off, I try off with micro fibres.
Spelling mistakes a plenty there. Apologies.

Poor Boys black hole on my tenorite grey E class; then,
Ceramic hybrid pot of wax after a full decon (it's a semi soft 100g pot of wax paste); or,
If I've not done a full decon, I tend not to use Black Hole, and instead just pre-wash, snow foam, two bucket, then use the spray on hybrid ceramic was in the 500-700ml bottles and towel dry, which some on here seem to think gives better finish than hose off and leave to dry naturally.

The reason for only using Black Hole and the paste wax after a full decon is I don't want to be polishing contamination left on the surface all over the paint and causing micro scratching/marring.

To cover scratches and swirls you cant really get much better than Autoglym Super Resin Polish.

If you want to remove them you can use any compound. A particular favourite of mine is Sonax Perfect Finish

Yup, as 'rayaans' ^^^ has said, you need a polish full of fillers and AG SRP is one of the best for that. Or get it professionally machine polished to remove what you can and wax as normal. :)

Surely it’s better to polish out minor scratches rather than fill them?

Keep Autoglym Super Resin polish - and the dust it creates - well away from trim and rubbers, or else it will detract from the beautiful finish you’ve created.

It is if you can do that, otherwise filling them with a polish of some sort is the cheaper solution. :)
If it’s a minor wouldn’t it polish out just as easily as filling it? Fillers are removed over time - exposing the scratch again - but polishing it out removes the scratch for good.

If it’s a minor wouldn’t it polish out just as easily as filling it? Fillers are removed over time - exposing the scratch again - but polishing it out removes the scratch for good.
Most of the minor scratches/swirls would still require machine polishing I reckon, I wouldn't like to do it by hand. But yes, fillers are only temporary, but if you're waxing say once a month, you would keep it topped up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom