Terminal Velocity 2019

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alex

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S65, CLK5.6TT (WIP) & RRS 5.0 SC
Terminal Velocity is back this year at the new venue RAF Honington, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP31 1EE.

Standing Quarter Mile 11/05/19
Rolling Half Mile 12/05/2019

Standing Quarter Mile 20/07/19
Rolling Half Mile 21/07/2019

Standing Quarter Mile 21/09/19
Rolling Half Mile 22/09/2019

I'm in no way associated, just posting it up for fellow top speed enthusiasts. I've booked my E55 for the rolling 1/2 mile event on 12/05.

You can book yourself at their website: Home

Good luck Alex :thumb: :cool:

Did it a couple of years ago in my F430.

Shame the runway is much shorter this time as I might be tempted!

It would be nice if there was a say 3 mile runway somewhere.

I always wanted to run my E55K to max to see what it did and I couldn't be bothered to take to Germany just for that.

I always wanted to run my E55K to max to see what it did and I couldn't be bothered to take to Germany just for that.

A lot further to walk back for your under-trays John... ;)

A lot further to walk back for your under-trays John... ;)

Lol remember it well (as does Martin I'm sure!).

Had to cough for a new one after that as it was wrecked although it had clearly had it's day before I launched it towards Mars inadvertently. :D

Terminal Velocity is back this year at the new venue RAF Honington, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, IP31 1EE.

Standing Quarter Mile 11/05/19
Rolling Half Mile 12/05/2019

Standing Quarter Mile 20/07/19
Rolling Half Mile 21/07/2019

Standing Quarter Mile 21/09/19
Rolling Half Mile 22/09/2019

I'm in no way associated, just posting it up for fellow top speed enthusiasts. I've booked my E55 for the rolling 1/2 mile event on 12/05.

You can book yourself at their website: Home
Hi Alex
are you running on Sunday the 12 may

Car is running sweet doing v max 23/3 and thinking abut t v
But also thinking about stage 3 wiestec with mods to bonnet scoops (supercharger like you and Asid have done) and definitely lsd

Wow this looks cool! Reading on their website it's states £125 but how many runs do you get? Just says reg, get your number, green light, unleash all your horses, stop, then when directed do it all over again!?
Sounds like fun!! Some seriously fast cars on their lists..... I'd be going just for the thrill but kinda worried at the same time!
Interesting..... even as a spectator!

As many runs as you can do when I went... subject to the time constraints and other runners of the day.

Elvington near York run top speed events on a 2 mile runway.

Elvington near York run top speed events on a 2 mile runway.

I'm not sure if that would be enough. The runway at Vmax and TV were 2 miles (or just over) I think and they had to take around 0.7m for braking.

At 3 miles, you could afford 0.8m for braking and 2.2 miles for a higher top speed.

Might not be enough for my old E55 though.

You don't come to a halt on the runway, there is an loop road which you circle off onto to complete the slowdown. If we can get tuned Rover 600/800's up to 170+mph and back down again, I'm sure the E55 should be fine.

It will be good to catch up with you guys again if you go, it's been a while.

Just spent an hour I didn't have following this thread and like so many others on here, feel the need to pass a comment or two.
  • Alex, your sheer tenacity at the way in which you have overcome to achieve your end game is astounding and admirable, to say the least.
  • Your taste in project appeals to me on so many levels...Q car stealth (noise notwithstanding :)), engine looks fantastic (lurking as it does in gloss red and black without a plastic cover in sight) and wonderful attention to detail to realise it.
I once read a book about a driven chap like you, and I used to wonder where he found the hours in a day. His name was something-or-other Brunel. :D
Great thread, well documented, and thanks for sharing! S**t, is that the time...!

Just spent an hour I didn't have following this thread and like so many others on here, feel the need to pass a comment or two.

I'm just wondering if you actually meant this thread which you've posted in, or his SILVER E55 thread which seems more fitting for you response? :)

Lmao, I wondered where my response went! Takes a special talent, that...:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom