Terraclean.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CHRISCHANCE

Car
ML55 AMG
Has anyone used the terraclean fuel system clean?
I'm considering a clean for my ML55, but not if anyone has had an unsatisfactory result.
My car has 130,000 miles on the clock and runs well but I'm wondering about carbon build up after all those miles.

Fill your boots.....:

Fill your boots.....:

Thanks, Mark, I think I'll leave it for a while. That lot reminds me of the old Guinness joke where the guy with the girder on his shoulder says, "If you think the bottom has fallen out of your world; drink a pint of Guinness and feel the world fall out of your bottom."
Best,
Chris.

As I said, I think that frequent use of premium fuels or fuel additives containing detergents, is the better long term option.

That said, there's a particular issue with Gasoline Direct Injection (GDI), because the fuel does not wash the inlet valves, and so the detergents don't really get there. This is less of an issue for engines equipped with Camtronic, because the open valves overlap is reduced. But even so, with GDI engines, there may be a case for using cleaning products that are injected into the air intake (in addition to premium fuels or fuel additives). These include Terraclean, Seafoam, or other direct injection valve cleaners from Wynns, BG, CRC, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom