Terrible experience with a local independent

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Made me laugh, and probably true.

I'll probably post some good pictures after I've given it a wash and got my decent camera.
Well said,

Respect where respect is due

Yours sincerely
John

Funny thread. ms500 you cant expect everything to go perfect, u have to allow for human error in everything, no one is perfect. And dont let the forum snipers get u down, i once had 5-6 of them have a go at me because i bought xenons and put them in my normal lamp housings!!! :D

Funny thread. ms500 you cant expect everything to go perfect, u have to allow for human error in everything, no one is perfect. And dont let the forum snipers get u down......:D

In fairness I think people were pointing out a little attitude and suggesting it was borne of immaturity. That said, he seems to have calmed down, taken it on the chin and acknowledged his impetuousness. I for one say well done. But, don't do it again:devil:

In fairness I think people were pointing out a little attitude and suggesting it was borne of immaturity. That said, he seems to have calmed down, taken it on the chin and acknowledged his impetuousness. I for one say well done. But, don't do it again:devil:

Who are you talking about now..??:rolleyes:

Good result with a sensible attitude. Car back, no threats of suing or lawyers. I hope that you keep a good rapport with the indie, he sounds like he is a good one.
Good on you for taking the sensible approach after having time to calm down and reflect on the situation.

what a sad place this is.............:(

Why ? :confused:

Its taking me a while to get through the full 9 pages, but when you read over it, its quite a funny read.

Does anyone think 19 yr olds are alot like women - Mood Swings??

James

I wouldn't expect you too - however you seem to be thanking Sweeney and V8mate at every opportunity ;).

I thanked them as I found their posts useful. I didn't agree with all of them, and thanked someone who actually disagreed with a post of sweeneys as their post IMO was more constructive in that instance.

Giving out abuse IMO isnt very helpful and neither is promoting an "us and them" style view point.

Its taking me a while to get through the full 9 pages, but when you read over it, its quite a funny read.

Does anyone think 19 yr olds are alot like women - Mood Swings??

James

Not just Sat-Nav on Top Gear has PMT then..

After reading all 9 pages, it was good to see the original poster finally admit hes temperature was a bit high and fair play to him.
It was a shame that people started digging each other though!

I think we all only mean GOOD ;-)

I've been getting hire cars since I was 18 years old.

You couldn't have tried very hard to get a hire car, loads of companies will let you have one.

It was in your interest to have the car done at the right time. You didn't give any leeway at all for the job to be done, you didn't enquire about other options should the car not be ready, you are the one who lost out.

It's as simple as that.

You could have taken the taxi to the airport, got a friend or relative to take you there and got a hire car whe you got there, lots of options open to you.

Dave!

ms500 grew older and wiser in the intervening period...;)

I think we've all grown older reading this thread! :) There will no doubt be debate about the 'wiser':D
I do like a happy ending, at least for ms500;)

And I bet..

Made me laugh, and probably true.

I'll probably post some good pictures after I've given it a wash and got my decent camera.

....you'll end up with a long and happy relationship going forward ! People are people at the end of the day and if you look after them they'll look after you. Occassionally you'll get let down by someone you trust, but instead of getting irate I chalk it up to experience and either keep a mental note or move on.

Glad all's good in your hood !

CJ

I did manage to wash it this morning, I shampooed it and did the alloys, but I've only managed to wax and polish half of it before the rain came in :crazy:

Hello all, my first time on here. I'll try to keep it brief, but here is an example of how a routine job can go wrong....

For my sins I was running a 99 Astra DI (yes I am expecting some aggro!). I shopped round, and the Vauxhall main dealer came up with a £150 quote for a major service. I dropped the car in, expecting to pick it up after 13.00hrs.

At about 11.00 the service manager phoned. He told me the car would not run after having the fuel filter drained, and that the car needed a new fuel pump. I asked how much. £2200 sir!!? I went into shock! After my initial panic I phoned round, cheapest quote was for £1300. :(

I grudginglly paid them £150 for turning my car into a non-runner and I got the car recovered. I was pretty upset, and thought maybe the garage had caused the failure. Had the pump independently checked. Later learned that there is a design fault with the pump, and neither Bosch or GM will admit it. The pump only lasts for 50000mls, and mine had already been replaced once apparently....Car was only worth £1500, so after a fair bit of stress and consideration I decided to get another car. Repair Astra or look for a Mercedes?? No brainer.

Hence my return to Mercedes Benz ownership. A year or two previously I had an 89 200 w124, which I regretted selling. Within the week I had found a 1990 230TE, fully stamped service book, 115000mls, everything working (except 1 rear electric window, and the customary wear to the drivers bolster). The car runs superbly, and is not rusty. Result! Feels like a limo compared to the DI. The car cost £1300. It causes a fair bit of attention, with one guy in a 55reg Audi asking if it was for sale!
It is definitely worth the higher fuel bills.:D

I certainly don't envisage scrapping this car,(though I didn't the Astra tbh) just maintain and repair it. Yes the Benz is 18yo but I am sure it will be reliable and more cost effective to run than a Vauxhall!

So indeed, always expect the unexpected, and fully agree with the chap who said expect things to go wrong, but be pleasantly surprised if something goes right!:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom