Terry stripped of England captaincy.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!

Given that he is a role model, justly so in my opinion.

Given that he is a role model, justly so in my opinion.
also agree, but who do you think will replace him, that will be hard to find someome of his level with his footballing 110% commmitment to lead the troops.

mmmm lets see. footballer John Terry has alleged affair with friends' ex -- gets canned as england captain....Bill Clinton has affair with one of his employees, commits perury when he lies about not having an affair...but hey gets to keep his job as president of the good ole U.S of A.....

Sorry i dont agree... I'm disgusted actually... He can still play football cant he? He can still captain a game cant he? Its his private life and no-one elses... how does that stop him from captaining or kicking a ball???

Sorry i dont agree... I'm disgusted actually... He can still play football cant he? He can still captain a game cant he? Its his private life and no-one elses... how does that stop him from captaining or kicking a ball???

I'd agree if the subject of his indiscretion wasn't a bit 'close to home' but the concept of the tribal chief having access to the women of any of the other men in the tribe is a bit outdated.

Would you take any notice of your direct superior at work if their was the slightest chance they'd been shagging your partner?

I think it's quite refreshing to see a high profile figure face the consequences of his actions. Yes, he can still play football and inspire, but he's also in the public eye and serves as a role model to others.

Perhaps an old fashioned view, but some of those values are worth keeping.

It seems OTT especially as our own MPs run riot doing similar things yet they represent us in something far more fundamental than football. Their morals are also of far greater importance than a footballer who is there to play sport, not make decisions on behalf of the public.

Apart from that I couldnt really give a t055

It doesn't, however he is an ambassador for the game to which many young people aspire to and this sort of behaviour doesn't exactly show them what is acceptable behaviour and how to conduct themselves.

^^^this.:D

if we were really worried about the role model issue it may bring...might I casually suggest that Tabloid Newspapers be banned.:ban:

Whatever you feel, it is a form of censorship which is being justified and no doubt the tabloids will revel in it for some strange reason.

anyway...be honest....does anyone really care either way?:dk:

See the papers have now also now named Avram Grant as the manager who frequents "saunas"

I hear Ashley Cole got pulled over for speeding this morning. He was doing 95 in a 50. Police asked him why he was in such a hurry. He said he'd just got a text to say John Terry's car was parked outside his house.

Capello's just phoned Wayne Bridge to tell him John Terry's lost the captains armband. "Do me a favour" says Fabio, "have a look under your bed.

He gets his coat and tiptoes quietly away....

Who is this bird Engeland Captancy anyway? Has she bin on the Telly --- Big Brother or I'm a Nobody Get Me Out of Here or summat? He's a right old lad eh what!

Voted 'DAD of the Year, 2009'
He said: "It's a great honour to be voted Dad of the Year. I have won many trophies in my career but I'm proud to say that this is up there with all of them.

"Georgie and Summer are great kids and I love them both dearly.

"My family mean the world to me and receiving this award has made me feel extremely proud.

"Being with the kids and watching them grow up and learning new things every day is a privilege and I'm honoured to receive this award." :eek:
B******T

boring...................................................

..............and thats not a comment aimed at our illustrious and highly esteemed forum members............
Its the media OBSESSION with everything celebrity and sub-celebrity.
Who really gives a flying fig either way when there is SO much else going on in the world that is far more worthy of column inches.
The headlines for the next few days will no doubt be dedicated to that star of the world (sic.), Jordan. God help us.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom