Tesco Express Petrol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidjpowell

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350 w212 and Ford Ranger
I believe that Tesco Express is often teamed up with Esso Petrol Stations.

Until recently you did not earn Clubcard points on Petrol.

You do know....

Hope this helps.

I use Morrisons. 15 points for every litre, 5000 points and you get a £5 voucher so how does that compare with Tesco Club card? I spend about £700-£800 a month on fuel

Tesco is 1 Point for every £2 spent.

I then convert my club card points to 2.5 Virgin Atlantic Airmiles currently average about 5-7k Miles per quarter. Or enough for 2 free upgrades to Upper Class when I buy a Premium ticket

I do the same, but convert to BA, its worth waiting for the 30% extra miles bonus offers.

I found out yesterday when I brimmed my Alpina from as empty as it is possible to be when picking up a car and having just enough fuel to get to the petrol station (B loody dealer) with super unleaded. I now have lots of points.

Apart from airmiles or avios which I need no more of as I rarely fly, is there anything sensible to use Tesco points for other than just collecting money off vouchers?

Tesco once sold cars. That would have been a nice way to spend all those points.

I found out yesterday when I brimmed my Alpina from as empty as it is possible to be when picking up a car and having just enough fuel to get to the petrol station (B loody dealer) with super unleaded. I now have lots of points.

Apart from airmiles or avios which I need no more of as I rarely fly, is there anything sensible to use Tesco points for other than just collecting money off vouchers?

Money off vouchers are useful to the love child of a yorkshireman and a scots lass ;)

I went to a Tesco Esso few months back - about to fill the tank and grab me points- but just had gut instinct , so i went in and asked - no points!
Phew!
Tesco don't make it clear imho

davidjpowell said:
I believe that Tesco Express is often teamed up with Esso Petrol Stations.

Until recently you did not earn Clubcard points on Petrol.

You do know....

Hope this helps.

Thanks that explains why they asked whether I had a Clubcard earlier this week when I got some fuel from a Tesco Express as they certainly never used to give points there before (other than on shopping).

I hope you folks do know how much they are making off you for every club card (loyalty scheme) :dk:

I can either buy my fuel from the station that gives me no points or the one that does at the same Petrol price.

Why would I care if they make money out of it?

I hope you folks do know how much they are making off you for every club card (loyalty scheme) :dk:

They monetise the data in different ways e.g. buying trends of their shoppers, individual buying trends of customers for targeted offers, using the data for cross sell within Tesco Group, using the data to help with insurance quotations, and if marketing consent is provided sales to 3rd parties.

Why would they offer a loyalty scheme if there were not going to make anything from it?

Be aware buying fuel at Esso offers 1 Clubcard point for every £3 spent on fuel, as opposed to 1 Clubcard point for every £2 spent at Tesco petrol stations.

Last edited:
Just brimmed the car with Momentum and used my 5p off voucher so 137.9p per litre... not bad, well maybe it is as its the second time I've filled up this week!

The Clubcard scheme is the key to Tesco's success - as without it they are v ordinary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom