Tesco fuel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

krisml320

Car
ml320
Why does my car ml320 run like a old banger whenever i fill up at a tesco petrol station:crazy:

Don't know , maybe there is something wrong with it ?

Mine runs fine regardless of where i fill up.

Hi,after various other reports of cars running badly after using supermarket fuel i tend to avoid them personally,the standard (unleaded/diesel)stuff they sell doesn't have any additives afaik,try sticking with shell/bp i haven't had any problems with either:thumb:

My wife used to work for Mobil Oil, and she thinks that there are only about 4 refineries in the UK.
So somebody else is making petrol for Tesco, take your pick which one.

I only use Shell V power.

The AMG's are a bit different , they are meant to be run on higher octane fuel.

My wife used to work for Mobil Oil, and she thinks that there are only about 4 refineries in the UK.
So somebody else is making petrol for Tesco, take your pick which one.

Close...

But and I wait to be corrected that it's :

Esso @ Fawley
Petroplus @ coryton
Conoco philips @ immingham
Total @ immingham
Shell @stanlow
Ineos/bp @ grangemouth

Worth also noting that because of type of refineries (suited to light rather than heavy crude) mean that they don't quite meet our demands for diesel.. And I believe we actually import diesel fuel from euope.

Last edited:
mines fine on tesco, so was my last AMG

For those who think supermarket fuel is rubbish or does not have any additives - do some research and get the facts before posting.
Tesco fuel in particular their high octane fuel is probably the best fuel on the UK market for performance cars.

I use Tesco all the time, except for when I tried BP Ultimate to see if there was a difference. Well there was, the car was the same but my wallet took a good hit in the BP garages. :dk:

Russ

I used Sainsburys diesel for the 1st 12 months of ownership and then switched to BP for the last 9 months as the smoke out the back was embarrassing.
It hasn't gone completely but is only noticeable when giving it the beans up a hill in the dark.
The other thing about it is that the BP diesel doesn't foam as much when going into the tank. I found this out the first time when it spewed out of the filler cap whereas the Sainsburys stuff just foamed up.

There has been no difference in the actual MPG but the computer MPG is now out by as much as 10mpg per tank - very strange.

Seriously, how do people come up with this crap? :confused:
Does anyone seriously think that because it is 'supermarket' fuel, it is of a lesser quality?

It is simply propaganda put out by Shell, BP etc so people don't use them. Normally because the supermarkets are the first to start price wars and the others are just a big cartel....:rolleyes:

I used Sainsburys diesel for the 1st 12 months of ownership and then switched to BP for the last 9 months as the smoke out the back was embarrassing.
It hasn't gone completely but is only noticeable when giving it the beans up a hill in the dark.
The other thing about it is that the BP diesel doesn't foam as much when going into the tank. I found this out the first time when it spewed out of the filler cap whereas the Sainsburys stuff just foamed up.

There has been no difference in the actual MPG but the computer MPG is now out by as much as 10mpg per tank - very strange.

errrm Sainsburys diesel is ............... actually BP diesel. lol

Tescos all the time if I can in my Jag and the merc, no problems ever.

Tesco 99 all the way - have done with all my cars save the Smart, which runs like a banger whatever! Other cars run flat on anything other than the 99 or at the very least other premium fuel. Tesco's the best out of all of them in my book!

When people compare fuel prices (driving for miles to save a penny a litre ha! ha! ha!) from differing outlets-are they really comparing like-for-like? is there "cheap" poor fuel which will give you less mpg and\or long term problems? who really knows....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom