Tesco insurance rip off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have apparently ‘lost’ the 8 years ncb now as the 2 year point has passed. I wouldn’t have been so annoyed but the van was midway through a year and never made a full year or indeed a renewal point. I simply feel I have been shoddily treated by Hastings and will NEVER use them again.
Another thought , unless it was a big van , the taxation class would have been PLG ( private - light goods ) and since you were a private owner not using it for commercial purposes it shouldn’t have been commercial insurance anyway .

Lots of people fall into this trap with van based camper vans , which aren’t used commercially, as does a pal who plays in a band and has a van as his private car to lug his gear around in .

I have just changed my car from a 2005 Jag x type estate to the 2015 E220 estate and Tesco have charged me £199 extra to cover the next 6 months. I will see what they come up with in July and if its more than £580 I will be looking around.

Roger

Reactions: 219
Always buy thru cashback sites(same quotes no inflated quotes) -you can simply link through saved quote.OP would have saved another £71
esure Car Insurance Up to £71 Cashback | Quidco

This is what I do. I don't think I've ever gone with the same company for more than a year (usually as cashback won't work on renewals) but mainly due to the increased premium for the next year.

Ive just had a mad moment.
Clutching the renewal letter I went online to Tesco car insurance.
Including DD charges the letter quotes £1466
Online the quote including DD charges was £815.
I even added commuting to the online quote.

you really couldn’t make this up.

Sheila’s Wheels have just quoted £570 for the same cover including DD charges.
Guess who’s getting my money?

Also try adding an old/experienced named driver who's had no accidents or convictions, this can sometimes reduce the premium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom