Tesco Rocket Fuel (99 RON)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I drive past one everyday that has it, but don't think it would run too well in my car :crazy:

Do you think this would be a better bet for me to use in my C36 AMG? I currently use Shell Optimax

Alan

One thing that I'm not sure about is what other properties this fuel has. Its obviously a good thing having a higher RON, and at supermarket prices it should be a good deal. However, Optimax, Ultimate etc also contain detergents and other such ingredients which help keep the engine clean.
I'm not sure what kind of cleaning agents are used in Tesco fuel, if any.
Tesco does not produce its own fuel. It would have been from one of the larger pertolium companies, so I'm really not sure?

Go and give it a go, and let us know :rolleyes:

hitt said:
One thing that I'm not sure about is what other properties this fuel has. Its obviously a good thing having a higher RON, and at supermarket prices it should be a good deal. However, Optimax, Ultimate etc also contain detergents and other such ingredients which help keep the engine clean.
I'm not sure what kind of cleaning agents are used in Tesco fuel, if any.
Tesco does not produce its own fuel. It would have been from one of the larger pertolium companies, so I'm really not sure?

Go and give it a go, and let us know :rolleyes:

I'm sure Tesco stuff is rebranded Esso, but I stand to be corrected...

Mambo said:
I'm sure Tesco stuff is rebranded Esso, but I stand to be corrected...

Great, there goes my will to buy the fuel :)

(I've been boycotting E$$0 since, oh 2/3 years and definetly wont stop now)

Spinal said:
Great, there goes my will to buy the fuel :)

(I've been boycotting E$$0 since, oh 2/3 years and definetly wont stop now)

why ?

fuzzer said:
Well, it all started a while ago, I received a letter from greenpeace (those meddling buffons :p) I look into the facts I could find and decide its better to touch esso only with a large wooden bat... and preferably not even that (yes, I am one of those tree hugging hippies...)

I can't really give all the info, its WAY too much, but in a nutshell, esso funded bush's campaign, then bush attacked iraq; wonder who's capping those wells that they find.... Also, of all the petrol companies, the only one that doesn't invest in environment friendly technologies is... ur right, esso again.

Anyways, if I haven't bored u to death:
www.stopesso.com
(note, itll redirect you to some long constipated url with the bowels of the greenpeace website)
Michele

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom