Tesco wiper blades?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stratman

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C200 CDI '04Estate
Does anyone know if Tesco's floppy 'invertebrate' wiper blades would fit a W203?

I've looked at Halford's offering but they only sell those for the traditional 'hook' fitting.

If you go to a dealership and negotiate they will match the Halfords price and you get an MB part ;-).

Yep I tried cheapie blades ended up paying the £30 for genuine ones! So i didnt save owt as I threw the 2 cheapie sets away........!!

It's not so much a money saving thing (honest), more that Tesco is local and my nearest stealer is a trip away.

Also, it's difficult to quote a Halfords price when they don't do them for my car ;)

Mind you £30, assuming that's for a pair, compares fairly with Bosch wipers from Halfords.

MB have a "fixed price" scheme for some service parts, although not all dealers support it. Wipers for most models are £25/pair.

No harm in trying the Tesco wipers - they'll take them back without question if they don't fit or you're otherwise unhappy with them.

If a W203 has got a single cammed wiper (like the W210), then you've just got to go genuine..... The real ones are much softer that pattern parts and so don't judder as they sweep and shear across the screen.

The best wiper I have ever had is also the cheapest. A one piece one bought on Ebay. I have them front and back on both my own and my wife's car.

I ended up buying genuine Mercedes ones (from MB World). I couldn't see looking in the sealed packet how the Tesco wipers could fit and not look like a Heath Robinson bodge.

Even though the left and right wipers have the same part number when I first fitted them there was a large area of windscreen left unswept. I swapped them over and all was well.

Because they deteriorate so slowly you don't really notice how bad they are until you put new ones on and can actually see where you're going in the rain.

I have just put aero wipers on mine, and apart from my old ones being rubbish in the first place, I think these are much better and will buy them in future rather than the bog standard wipers.

My dealer supplied blade was a Bosch and rubbish have replaced it with a Valeo Silencio much better.

The best wiper I have ever had is also the cheapest. A one piece one bought on Ebay. I have them front and back on both my own and my wife's car.

Agreed. I only recently fitted this type of one piece (Aero) wiper to my 202, the difference is remarkable between it and the 6 month old genuine Bosch wiper it replaced.

Just bought some Goodyear wipers for me W210 eclass from Costco for £6.82 incl VAT, seem to be very good

Just bought some Goodyear wipers for me W210 eclass from Costco for £6.82 incl VAT, seem to be very good

Yes the CostCo wipers are very good indeed. I have fitted a set to my other car and the results were very impressive.

I have a set waiting to go on my 203 when the £5 eBay special aero's give up....but they have given me over 2 years loyal service thus far.

Remember to always clean the screen throughly before fitting new wipers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom