Tescos truck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zipdip

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
s320
A Tesco artic fridge box has been stopped in Cornwall with the driver 5 times over drink drive limit can you believe that,I hope the driver ends up in prison and banned for 10 years.

Probably a driver from a cut-price employment agency rather than a Tesco employee.

Neither of which which will happen.

If he really was 5 times over the limit then a prison sentence is quite likely especially as he was driving such a large vehicle and had obviously decided to turn up for work knowing he was drunk.

Well Tesco's contract for logistics was with Wincanton a couple of years ago it may still be,big contracts like that do not change hands that often,it will be interesting if it was another LGV driver who alerted the police or a car driver,nearly all the LGV drivers I know may have one bottle of lager many hardly drink at all,I cannot wait to hear what nationality this driver was.

I just had conversation with a canadian friend,and mentioned this LGV idiot he tells me you can be fined about £90 if you are driving a car totally sober but your passengers are swigging beer in Ontario .

Well some of the most serious accidents with LGV drivers have been polish and romanian drivers all with drink on them,but hey who knows he might be english we will see.

I have to say it does have the sound of an Eastern European driver about it but time will tell.

In terms of attitudes to things like smoking and drink-driving most of these newer EU countries seem to be where we were in the 1970s and when you consider the number of drivers from these countries on our roads that is a concern.

One of the two lorry drivers jailed last month for causing the death of 8 people travelling in a minibus was a Polish driver who had turned up for work drunk and then decided to stop for a sleep in Lane 1 the M1 (like you do).

Well , he’s freshly nicked now .

One year on the Dunkirk to Dover ferry I was in the bar & what I assumed to be four lorry drivers at the next table consumed 4 pints of Stella each during the crossing.
Always wondered if that was common or not?

Russ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom