Tescos truck

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Lorry driver 'four times alcohol limit' in lamppost crash

In Kent it seems that many of these "high" limits go un-reported or un-noticed. This despite the vast amount of alcohol detritus left in the "pop up" lorry parks that these people create. Any morning of the week on a drive along the M2 you will spot hundreds of these trucks parked up on the Hard-Shoulder with one side of wheels in the soft ground and in convoys fashion. The stench is unbelievable as is it the mountains of rubbish. On the a249 the local council reported lifting 21 tons of rubbish in one cleanup on a 5 mile stretch that is frequented by these truckers. There is simply is nobody in Kent to Police this. They may be caught if they are stopped for another offense (mobile phone, watching DVD's, feet on the steering wheel etc) but otherwise we reliant on them crashing before anybody notices they have consumed their own body weight in booze before setting off.

Some very stereotypical comments!!! What has nationality/colour got to do with anything??? Im pretty sure a judge makes a judgement based on crime rather then ethnicity........thank god some on this forum are not judges!!!!

Nobody mentioned colour or ethnicity (except you) and stereotyping has nothing to do with it.

If we have certain groups who are caught drink driving in disproportionately large numbers then that is a legitimate concern and unfortunately the statistics show that migrants from recent EU member countries are indeed caught in disproportionately large numbers:

High Drink Driving Levels Blamed On Eastern European Immigrants

I have to say it does have the sound of an Eastern European driver about it but time will tell.

In terms of attitudes to things like smoking and drink-driving most of these newer EU countries seem to be where we were in the 1970s and when you consider the number of drivers from these countries on our roads that is a concern.

Comments like this are unnecessary and undesirable. I'm sure there are many forum members, and not just those living in Eastern Europe, who will find your comments offensive.

Comments like this are unnecessary and undesirable. I'm sure there are many forum members, and not just those living in Eastern Europe, who will find your comments offensive.

Ah yeh, but in this day and age being offended by absolutely everything seems the norm anyway.

Ah yeh, but in this day and age being offended by absolutely everything seems the norm anyway.

Won't be long before the media are not permitted to say he was welsh, or any other nationality.

My comments are borne out by the statistics - see #26.

Statistics are useless for winning internet arguments, however, it could be unwise to make many business decisions without taking MI into account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom