Tesla and Elon Musk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

David404

Car
GLE350d (W166)
Watched Elon do launch promo of Model 3. Reminded me of Jobs and Apple launches. That man is going to sell cars, the established manufacturers should be afraid...

If I didn't tow caravan and was in market for new, id be tempted.

Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos... Two very similar animals that should be applauded...

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

So

much

want.

latest

It seems like a similar story to Apple's hay day. Read this in Top Gear launch day review!!:

In the first 24hrs following the announcement of the Model 3 last year Tesla had taken 115,000 reservations, in 48hrs that figure rose to 232,000, in the first week the number hit 325,000 delivering potential sales revenue of $14bn. Musk says the current order bank sits at “over 500k and that’s without us really trying to sell it, we don’t advertise”. All of which must make terrifying reading if you’re the CEO of a more “traditional” car manufacturer.

A big part of the persistent buyers remorse I seem to be suffering with the C350e comes from the fact I really wanted a Model S.

Apple's hay day.

AWhatNow? :confused:

The stocks are going up and up, and are up 25% in the first half of the year. They're the biggest electronics company in the world by revenue and market capital and are on track to be the first ever trillion dollar company.

I think Apple's heyday is yet to come.

Not so much of buzz around the company at the moment though. Maybe the infamous Apple car will sort that.

Much as I applaud Tesla for going further and faster than any car start up since probably Honda, this is beginning to have the feel of a bubble about it. I hope not but I cannot see the customers waiting for ever.

AWhatNow? :confused:

The stocks are going up and up, and are up 25% in the first half of the year. They're the biggest electronics company in the world by revenue and market capital and are on track to be the first ever trillion dollar company.

I think Apple's heyday is yet to come.

Apple kind of remind me of Tesco -who i always felt were overvalued at their peak.

Not so much of buzz around the company at the moment though. Maybe the infamous Apple car will sort that.

Their profitability is still amazing - apparently (including myself) most iPhone buyers are waiting until iPhone 8 - their sales & profitability will therefore rocket in Q4 !

Much as I applaud Tesla for going further and faster than any car start up since probably Honda, this is beginning to have the feel of a bubble about it. I hope not but I cannot see the customers waiting for ever.

There are plenty of posts on the forum of how disillusioned buyers become when delivery keeps slipping back. A backlog of 500,000 when he could only manage a handful (for his own employees) on launch would indicate that some people will have to wait 2+ years - what about pricing in 2+ years time. I understand the $1,000 deposit secured an order, not the price.

That said, I vowed that I would not wait 6 months for a car, even a newly released one as I did for the C350e. I ordered a E350e in May, assured of Sep delivery but now expected early Nov .... I am still sticking with it ! I could of course have a diesel anytime soon.

[YOUTUBE HD]https://youtu.be/ARzujfRiQ3c[/YOUTUBE HD]

Came across this recently - have to say I never realised they did specific performance models. P100D - that's some machine! :eek: :cool:

Hi,
The longer that customers wait - the more chance it gives the established car manufacturers to launch their offerings.
Elon is very visionary and ahead of the game right now - but given more time, there will be plenty of competitors to choose from.
I really don't like the look of the Model 3 dashboard - it looks like a cheap 1970's car - with a big iPad tacked on!
Cheers
Steve

Last edited:
I was very surprised with the cost of insurance for electric cars. Nearly twice as expensive as petrol/diesel cars.

Nearly £ 2,000.00 for the Tesla S

i haven't watched his events yet but i've wanted a model S for quite a while now.

though i only recently found out it's not completely free to use Tesla superchargers, the first 1000 miles every year is free then you have to pay. It's still cheaper than paying for fuel but that has put me off a little.

Superchargers were free for life for cars purchased up to January I think it was. They were never going to be able to sustain that once numbers picked up, but it was a nice incentive for early adopters. It stays with the car though, so if you bought an older car used, AFAIK, you inherit the free Supercharging.

I believe the Supercharger network was intended to be used so folk could travel longer distances easily, but as you'd expect, there was a fair bit of people using them not as intended - popping down to a local charger for a free top up.

I was very surprised with the cost of insurance for electric cars. Nearly twice as expensive as petrol/diesel cars.

Nearly £ 2,000.00 for the Tesla S

Apparently some US Insurance agency worked out that a Tesla owner is 40% more likely to be involved in an accident than your "average" driver and repair costs to a Tesla are 80% higher than the "average". The latter apparently partly due to the fact that damaged cars can only be repaired by Tesla agents. The former allegedly due to the predominance of "soccer mom" owners - or so some body alleged:dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom