Tesla Model 3 revealed - £24,000 and 0-60mph in 6 seconds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If it does make it to market.....

I hope it does (yet I drive a V6) cause I think my next car will be a hybrid or possibly one of these.....

Insane mode available on this :rock:

24K Tesla....... article dated 1st April....... Happy April Fools Day......?

Joke would be on them seeing as the launch event was on the 31st of March.

No insane mode announced on the base model, but there will be some higher performing ones in the future. It does though have the same self driving capabilities of the model S.

It also has one of the best ranges (200 miles+ per charge) of any of the all electric cars on the market. When the technology arrives to charge these in minutes rather than hours at this kind of price it will be a real game changer. Good step towards the future though.

Want one!!!!

The national grid will never cope if electric cars actually take off.

The national grid will never cope if electric cars actually take off.

Unless the parked cars with charge become part of the grid and provide storage the grid has never had before.

Hang on, where did they get £24k from? I don't think the UK price has been announced?

I'm guessing more like £30k after incentives, not £24k. Just a pure guess though.

I could be tempted by that as a Zoe replacement. Got 2 and a half years before I worry about that though.

Elon Musk.

They probably just took the US price ($35k) and did a direct conversion, which is most definitely wrong in my opinion because that's not the case with the Model S.

Even at £35K before incentives its still a game changer and looks so much better than a Leaf :D:bannana:

This is definitely a £38-55k car. My mate has a new 85D Tesla S and that's a £65k+ car with all the options. Cannot see them doing a slightly smaller one for half price.

I've been seriously considering a Tesla to replace the current C350 but the one thing that is really putting me off, and which it appears they've embraced even more in the Model 3, is the touchscreen operation for many of the functions.
Unlike conventional switches where you get used to their position and, for the most part, your hand or finger will go straight to your desired choice without taking your eyes off the road, you will probably always need to glance at the screen to see where you are touching.
I just can't get my head around that being a good idea in any car - unless it is a self driving jobbie of the future of course, which Tesla, amongst many others, are championing.

The Model S P90D (4WD version) is £117,000 OTR if you fully load it with everything. However, the 70D can be as low as £54,100 OTR.

The £54k version is $70k so they aren't a dollar for Pound equal price, but not standard conversion either.

So the Model 3 being $38k for the basic model is likely to be sub £30k. More likely £35k when you add the minimum options most would want to have. Still not bad for what you will be getting really.

The have apparently taken 180,000 pre-orders today, so its not doing too badly.

Make that 198,000

May want to get on that list if you want one soon :D

I've been seriously considering a Tesla to replace the current C350 but the one thing that is really putting me off, and which it appears they've embraced even more in the Model 3, is the touchscreen operation for many of the functions.
Unlike conventional switches where you get used to their position and, for the most part, your hand or finger will go straight to your desired choice without taking your eyes off the road, you will probably always need to glance at the screen to see where you are touching.
I just can't get my head around that being a good idea in any car - unless it is a self driving jobbie of the future of course, which Tesla, amongst many others, are championing.

It's very intuitive, way beyond any other manufacturers touch screens and when driving the action screen on the right of the drivers screen has fast functions off your steering wheel buttons, like opening and closing the sunroof or customising the satnav. Get a test drive arranged, you will love it.

It's very intuitive, way beyond any other manufacturers touch screens and when driving the action screen on the right of the drivers screen has fast functions off your steering wheel buttons, like opening and closing the sunroof or customising the satnav. Get a test drive arranged, you will love it.

Yes, I drove a Tesla S last year and yes, I did love it.:rock: Must admit that on the 30 minute test drive I didn't try using the touchscreen, so maybe you're right.......but I'll reserve judgement.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom