Tesla Model 3

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Driveability of the Tesla is somewhat comparable, but pitching any car against a S500 is always going to be just about impossible. Generations of honing to perfection a vehicle versus a complete newbie is obviously a complete mismatch.

EV's are the future. Without a doubt.

The lies about operating cost and build quality are what I find irritating about the Owners' claims.

A quick surf shows that Tesla is rated 29th out of 31 Car companies for new car reliability.
Here's that WhatCar rating: Tesla Model 3 Running Costs, MPG, Economy, Reliability, Safety

I checked out the What Car link and rechecked the thread title and refer to the following comments/ quotes

"In the 2020 What Car? Reliability Survey, Tesla finished 29th out of 31 brands – down considerably from its 4th place showing in 2019. However, the Model 3 was too new to be included in the survey."
This TESLA reliability difference year to year surely poses questions on the sample size/ age of cars involved to compare like with like?
As a general comment I had hoped this section would have functioned as a :) positive means to inform /familiarise forum members of the latest developments in EV propulsion and in particular Mercedes EV models as an issue/ choice which, like it or not, they may have to deal with in the future. Negative posts simply knocking the technology by people who have never driven let alone owned/leased EV vehicles, as evidenced by their own statements , contribute little to this new body of knowledge by simply re-iterating familiar well worn anti-EV arguments. :(

I checked out the What Car link and rechecked the thread title and refer to the following comments/ quotes

"In the 2020 What Car? Reliability Survey, Tesla finished 29th out of 31 brands – down considerably from its 4th place showing in 2019. However, the Model 3 was too new to be included in the survey."
This TESLA reliability difference year to year surely poses questions on the sample size/ age of cars involved to compare like with like?
As a general comment I had hoped this section would have functioned as a :) positive means to inform /familiarise forum members of the latest developments in EV propulsion and in particular Mercedes EV models as an issue/ choice which, like it or not, they may have to deal with in the future. Negative posts simply knocking the technology by people who have never driven let alone owned/leased EV vehicles, as evidenced by their own statements , contribute little to this new body of knowledge by simply re-iterating familiar well worn anti-EV arguments. :(
Agreed and understood.

Having driven the S, X and 3, with an eye to buying an EV as soon as it's a viable, more expensive alternative to an ICE Mercedes E or S class, it's irritating to see owners falsely describing the build quality and reliability of their vehicles, when the industry and the EV websites tell a different story. A Toyota 3 is not built to S class standards, as has been claimed in the thread.

I will only buy used vehicles, I won't buy less than five years old. It's "not the money," i could easily buy a new S500 class without noticing the cash. As an Engineer's son, I begrudge the idea of scrapping perfectly good cars because they're "not new." This summer I would buy an EV or hybrid luxury car if it was a viable alternative to the beloved Mercedes.

Any reliability survey needs to look at reliability throughout the product life. The rose tinted spectacles of the new tech car owner soon become a bit jaded as the faults appear, like the leaking seals on the windows of an R230, which damage the credibility of an otherwise very reliable car.

Not that reliability is everything. If it was, we'd all be driving Lexus or Toyota.

You make a good point about Mercedes EV's and hybrids. From the thread so far, the Mercedes story doesn't seem to have been a success, according to the owners.

Toyota 3 is not built to S class standards, as has been claimed in the thread.
Typo alert: I meant a “Tesla 3”.....
But you knew that....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom