Tesla S

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've decided I really want a tesla s. Like, REALLY want one.

I see what you mean...

With 2013 sales data now fully in the books, a class leader has been declared: Tesla Model S.

US sales for the Model S in 2013 checked in at ~ 17,650 units, which puts Tesla’s electric sedan well ahead of its large luxury sedan competitors.

Mercedes-Benz S-Class: 13,303
BMW 7 Series: 10,932
Lexus LS: 10,727
Audi A8: 6,300
Porsche Panamera: 5,421

The S Class has sold well over 110,000 last year around the world. Definitely more than the Tesla Model S and people have even called out Tesla saying that their statistics were lies.

The S Class has sold well over 110,000 last year around the world. Definitely more than the Tesla Model S and people have even called out Tesla saying that their statistics were lies.

He was quoting the sales figures for the US, not worldwide.

Interesting the Merc gets a high speed; essentially the Tesla is quicker off the line thanks to 4wd, but a real world race with a rolling start, the merc would take easier victories (not easy, just easier!).

Both awesomely fast cars!:rock:
That depends on what rolling speed it starts from?
The previous P85+ will out accelerate the Bugatti from 30-60mph, the P85D will be even faster!

According to one of Tesla members, the P85D has full power all the way to 85mph, then it starts to tail off, where as ICE cars maintain peak power via the gearbox ratios.

Basically pretty much nothing could touch it until may be from 70mph onwards...which in the real world it becomes academic :confused:

Last edited:
You're a better man than me, I just couldn't justify one nor the cost. Hope it lives up to your expectations and importantly enhances your lifestyle. Looking forward to first hand reports, warts and all. :thumb:

Tesla Model S P85D (2015) review | Road Testing Reviews | Car Magazine Online
If I am being honest, my head says NO, but hey! You only live once and its acceleration will literally take your breath away!!! And that was for the P85 I test drove a few months back, I can't wait for P85D!!

I've been lurking in a couple of Tesla forums for various infos, they have very little issues, and if they did have a breakdown, Tesla will more than make up with exceptional service.

I've read somewhere the P85D will pull a max of 1.3g acceleration, and from 0-30 in 1.68sec and Veyron did it in 1.75, overall the P85D averaged out just short of 1g acceleration from 0-60. Not sure how these figures will translate into acceleration, but I bet its stomach churning fast! :D

As promised by Tesla, they are rapidly openning up new supercharging stations across the country, there's now 2 in Warrington which is only 30minutes from me, I'll take it there once a week to charge up for free (free fuel) :D

The Tesla just have so much going for it, I could pre heat the car in cold winter mornings(you can do that with most EVs), track my car using mobile app and various other functions, over the air updates which constantly improves the car's features.

Unless something drastically went wrong during my ownership, I doubt very much I'll ever come back to ICE cars again.

Sorry if I seem like preaching to you guys, but I am just too excited :bannana:

How very exciting! I did enjoy that video but would miss that lovely V8 beat, an odd reaction certainly.

I certainly believe it highly likely that by the time I look to replace my Volvo in three years time an EV will be the most likely choice.

I've read somewhere the P85D will pull a max of 1.3g acceleration, and from 0-30 in 1.68sec and Veyron did it in 1.75, overall the P85D averaged out just short of 1g acceleration from 0-60. Not sure how these figures will translate into acceleration, but I bet its stomach churning fast! :D

This is speed vs time for a constant 1g

speed (mph) time (s)
0 0.00
5 0.23
10 0.46
15 0.68
20 0.91
25 1.14
30 1.37
35 1.59
40 1.82
45 2.05
50 2.28
55 2.50
60 2.73

Last edited:
I was in SoCal last week and there were lots of Tesla on the roads. Then a customer told me he'd just bought a P95D (chopping in a Maserati) and he knew of a private road to use (local Tesla dealer has an agreement to use it). Did I want to go for a ride :)

I was in SoCal last week and there were lots of Tesla on the roads. Then a customer told me he'd just bought a P95D (chopping in a Maserati) and he knew of a private road to use (local Tesla dealer has an agreement to use it). Did I want to go for a ride :)

P95D...a new model?

And?

Presumably you had your phone with you......where is the video? ;)

I did have my phone but it never occurred to me to video it. Just not the YouTube generation I guess. Next time I've over to see him I'll ask him for another ride.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom