Tesla seems to have decent traction control. :D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

popuptoaster

Car
2000 E55 AMG Estate
Those lardy looking new Teslas have a bit of go in them, and much better traction control than my poor old bus! ;)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Um yes the Model X is seriously quick in a straight line ... the best version (P100D) does 0-60 in 2.9 secs, which isn't too shabby for a 7-seater SUV :D

The new Roadster is meant to do 0-60 in 1.9 :eek:

Shoulda followed him for 50 miles he woulda slowed down, everytime i see one there in the nearside lane doing 50 pmsl

Not a model x but hey one toaster is the same as another lol

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

My MS P100D arrives end of Feb. Gonna be so strange compared to the CLS.
Mmm, nice, pics please when you get it. Saw one at a car show this summer, white with white leather and black carpets and trim, must admit it was gorgeous.
:)

When they manage to provide battery life to match the acceleration (and they will, eventually), Teslas will be serious contenders. Until then, they're not.

When they manage to provide battery life to match the acceleration (and they will, eventually), Teslas will be serious contenders. Until then, they're not.

I agree, had one out on test for a couple of weeks earlier in year. Awesome if you have a standard commute every day, terrible if you are moving about different places, especially if you are stopping in hotels which invariably don’t have a charger!

I whipped a lambo in it, but then had to chug along at 50mph to the next charger as the race had exhausted the battery so much!!

My MS P100D arrives end of Feb. Gonna be so strange compared to the CLS.
It will! I’ve just gone from the E63 to a BMW i8 ....can hardly be any different really. Good so far and quite rapid for a Mini Cooper engine combined with an electric whisk!

I agree, had one out on test for a couple of weeks earlier in year. Awesome if you have a standard commute every day, terrible if you are moving about different places, especially if you are stopping in hotels which invariably don’t have a charger!

I whipped a lambo in it, but then had to chug along at 50mph to the next charger as the race had exhausted the battery so much!!
Year before last I worked on a project in Esbjerg in Denmark, pretty much as far west as you can get in Denmark before falling into the sea. The project manager lived in Malmo Sweden and would often drive to site in his Tesla and after an overnight charge up at the hotel he would drive home the next day no problem.
I asked him about 'range anxiety' and he said it was all down to planning the route (natch) and the car helps you with that . I offered that it was 'OK in the Scandic countries as they are geared up for it'. He then told me of a drive he took to Edinburgh :eek:to pick up and engine for his classic Nissan ! usually via IKEA stores to get a charge up. He said he ate a lot of meatballs on the way :) And then much to my astonishment a family road trip from Malmo to Sicily ! He said that was more of a challenge as he had to explain to the hotels and guest house that he was in an electric car and would need to plug it in overnight. On more than one occasion he was shown to a tiny area near a plug socket as many had expected him to arrive in a little battery car and not a 7 seater saloon.:D

Brave man. On his second Tesla now I hear.

Ah, right you got two forum names now. :)
Yip, t’other side was the first forum I did and didn’t realise folks didn’t use their real name! So when I signed up here I did it right....

All good after you've waited the 10 mins or more in these temps, to get the battery up to temp to enable the fastest ludicrous mode!

Possibly he was mildly interested in what was behind him that was old enough to have round headlamps but didn't get left as far behind as maybe he was expecting. :cool:

I think mine makes a better noise too. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom