Test Drove a C280 today!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!
Oooh nice.....

Saw a C280 Estate advertised locally over the weekend so I went to have a look this morning on the way to work.

I wasn't too keen on the car itself, it was silver, cloth trim no alloys and an Elegance with wood trim.:crazy: However I very much liked the way it drove. Performance was very, very exhilerating!! nice tone from the engine and it seemed to pull and pull and pull.:D

Have to say it felt a little unstable/wallowy when cornering at speed and the ASR light was flashing with nearly every touch of the right pedal.:cool:

It was a private sale and the asking price was £9995 on an S-plate;) , I was tempted to take it further purely for the performance but I had to tell myself that the next Smerc I get will be a Sport or Avantgard with leather and not silver. The bloke selling it reckons it will be sold by tonight anyway and I can't find that sort of money that quickly!:mad:

Nice car though.:D

Hmm , someone must have nicked the alloys off it.

Yup jimmy , this time of the year , youve got to be careful with the old right foot or that dang old ASR light flashes like a fruit machine.

Go for it , treat yourself :)

I can certainly vouch for the C280s performance, and in my Sport version don't have much of a problem with the corners!!:D

I also don't tend to get the ASR light on too often - only with a seriously heavy right foot on a very slippery surface. Most rainy days it will take full power on a wet corner without thinking about it - maybe it's the wider Sport tyres (I tend to keep fairly fresh Michelins on it though!!)

If you're still after a C280, my Azurite Blue Sport saloon with grey leather will be up for grabs within the next month or so.....:bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

What's wrong with Silver? :confused:

2000, C200 Sport, Tiptronic (in Silver!)

Originally posted by VikJ
What's wrong with Silver? :confused:

Silver is the most common new car colour, 46% of all new cars are silver. Why go for the same colour as everyone else, I know MBs look nice in silver but why not choose one of the other much prettier colours instead? MB have some beautiful colours to choose from and I would take any of the other metallics over silver, it's just too plain and boring. Sorry, but it is :)

I see your point Shude, but when buying a used car, for me personally, the colour isn't as much of a priority as much as mileage, SH and spec. The only colour I wouldn't touch is white.

White is the best colour , It never looks dirty :)

I got azurite blue just now , it will be the last dark coloured car i buy . My C30 amg estate will be in white , gold or silver.:D

Originally posted by fuzzer
White is the best colour , It never looks dirty :)

I got azurite blue just now , it will be the last dark coloured car i buy . My C30 amg estate will be in white , gold or silver.:D

I'll avoid white if I can, heh, after my white 190E, that thing never looked clean even after a hand wash. Just a few minutes on the road and it was back to square one.

Jimmy, stick to the Vivianite club!! :cool: :rock:

S.

Oh dear oh dear what have I started?

I agree with Shude on the colour thing, whilst a silver MB looks great there are just too many silver cars on the road now, MB do some lovely colours apart from Silver and Azurite blue.

After much thought I will be staying in the Vivianite Green club for the forseeable future...................there was a C240 estate in last weeks Autotrader, and that was Vivianite too:devil:

Originally posted by jimmy
Oh dear oh dear what have I started?

.............there was a C240 estate in last weeks Autotrader, and that was Vivianite too:devil:

You going to get it? :bannana:

S.

Originally posted by Steve_Perry
You going to get it? :bannana:

S.

No, I am quite happy with my car most of the time, just occasionally I wish it had a bit more oomph, but most of my driving is local town driving so a 1.8 makes sense really for now.

I am going to stick to my original plan and save up for a newer model with a bigger engine, perhaps in a years time.:D

Originally posted by fuzzer
get a turbo jimmy :D

I would consider something like that up to about £500 or so, any more and I might aswell change the car.:confused:

Tried having a Superchip fitted but they couldn't do mine as I have the wrong chip.:mad:

I would consider something like that up to about £500 or so, any more and I might aswell change the car.:confused:

Tried having a Superchip fitted but they couldn't do mine as I have the wrong chip.:mad:

get a upsolute fitted ;)

get a upsolute fitted

Tell me more!!!!

I reckon another 10-15hp would be just about what I need.

You've got me excited now!:bannana:

Cheers K,

I was onto them quicker than a chipped & blown C180:D:D

I Have got to get the numbers off my ECU and will hopefully have it done by the weekend.;)

Who needs a C280 anyway?:p

It looks like the Upsolute gives good results for what it costs.

I'll be very interested to see how you get on Jimmy.

Originally posted by GregDavis
Koolvin, Have you chipped your current or previous cars

nope, but I'm going to have a 'Chip' soon that holds a map for my 5th injector!!!

No, I am quite happy with my car most of the time, just occasionally I wish it had a bit more oomph,

That's the start of the slippery slope, i remember thinking just that, i ended up trading in an economical 250D, for a gas guzzling 300te........... but i'm happy:bannana: :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom