Test drove C63S today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DuncS3

Car
2017 C63S Coupe, 2005 E46 M3, 1988 Audi quattro
Hi guys - popped down to my local dealer and had a look around their C63S demo car - also went for a drive but it wasn't planned ahead so only went out for about 15 minutes.

Initial impressions were:

Looks - yes very nice, diamond white with black wheels - other than the rear quarter/boot which I don't like much but I could live with it - it looks a bit to short and the rear lights are not a great design.

Interior - this had the Premium package so leather dash etc - looked way more upmarket than my current C63.
Seats - fantastic
Overall interior is a big step up it seemed - obviously I don't like the stick on cheap lookalike android tablet thing on the dash but not a big problem.

Noise - low speed rumble, say when navigating the car park definitely sounded more bassy to me - I was getting quite excited at this stage for the aural delight I was expecting but out on the road it was quite far away from my car, but then I do have secondary cats removed so mine is special sounding - still a good noise though. I am not sure if it had the actual performance exhaust which is a 1K option - it did have a switchable exhaust but that could jsut be operating the exhaust flaps. still sounds good but I would want to have more noise to be satisfied.

Performance - felt quick of course, so does my 507 - need to drive it for a good couple of hours really but no concerns about the cars performance - its obviously very quick.

Overall I was very impressed and it really made my 507 look dated inside and outside.

Lets see - no deals really to be had on these at the moment I don't think.

Dunc

Interesting. Haven't driven one but had a good look at one when picking up my C63 last week - heard it on start up/few revs. Agree that it's a step up quality wise, and does make the 'old' one look dated in comparison. But then it's twice the price of mine so not an option for me!

fok3lv.jpg

Speccing one up with some basics hits 70k - you could easily hit 80k with ceramics and premium package plus some other bits - so it is expensive but the 507 was a 70k list when they were new so similar really.

Speccing one up with some basics hits 70k - you could easily hit 80k with ceramics and premium package plus some other bits - so it is expensive but the 507 was a 70k list when they were new so similar really.

Agreed if you're talking new vs new they aren't too different. The red one above was just shy of £80k.

I'm working on pricing atm as my 507 is on a 2 year Agility ending in August (with option to purchase of course) - initial inquiry shows a specced up S is only 500 per month more than I am paying on my 507 :crazy:

W205 C63 does look nice. Didn't like the look initially but after seeing some pics of cars for sale in garages it's grown on me. Still don't like the rear end but the rest looks cool.

Still unsure if it's running twin Clutch system or updated version of MCT speedshift? 2 reviews I've seen and both times car was An "S" with old wet clutch. Maybe just the test car though...

Personally I still think the W204 is a very handsome car and looks great from all angles. Looks aggressive and cant be faulted, esp on the 19" wheels.

The new engine appeals to me the most as does tht beautiful interior. M156 will never befome tiresome though

Well I'm ordering a C63S tomorrow. Taken the new C63 out and really enjoyed the drive, the interior was great but don't go with piano black trim (scratches quickly) , sorted out the colour Iridium Silver, carbon packs, HUD, 360° camera, privacy glass and the black leather with the lighter edging, etc etc, but not the ceramic brakes.

I'm chopping the A45 in for it.... Basically I love my A45 but I'm fed up of everyone trying to race me all the time.

Steve

There are still deals to be had on them. We don't have much allocation per dealership, but you can get a bit of a deal. The issue is that the old c63 had a lot of discount/support behind it towards the end of its life, so this new one seems über expensive

Last edited:
Sanke said:
Well I'm ordering a C63S tomorrow. Taken the new C63 out and really enjoyed the drive, the interior was great but don't go with piano black trim (scratches quickly) , sorted out the colour Iridium Silver, carbon packs, HUD, 360° camera, privacy glass and the black leather with the lighter edging, etc etc, but not the ceramic brakes. I'm chopping the A45 in for it.... Basically I love my A45 but I'm fed up of everyone trying to race me all the time. Steve

Great choice, please share it with us!

I'll certainly share pics... But I'm not sharing the car... Ha ha ha.

I'm hoping for a July delivery, in which case it'll be at the first bluewater meet after that.

Steve

Sanke said:
I'll certainly share pics... But I'm not sharing the car... Ha ha ha. I'm hoping for a July delivery, in which case it'll be at the first bluewater meet after that. Steve

Congrats superb choice, must say your a45 failed to impress me.

There are still deals to be had on them. We don't have much allocation per dealership, but you can get a bit of a deal. The issue is that the old c63 had a lot of discount/support behind it towards the end of its life, so this new one seems über expensive

Yes, you are totally right - the deals on new (old) C63 a year or so ago were incredible. I only have numbers for an initial inquiry on the S atm - I am working on improving the deal because if I can, I'm pretty set on getting one.

Dunc

Let me know if you need any help!

Congrats superb choice, must say your a45 failed to impress me.

Well my nicknamed the A45 "thug", having driven the new 63 another two more times..... I like how more refined it is, and the noise is better.... No more constant loud all the time.

Deposit paid and dealer contribution sorted too.

My insurance even came out at a staggering £508 fcp... So even better

Steve

Yes, you are totally right - the deals on new (old) C63 a year or so ago were incredible. I only have numbers for an initial inquiry on the S atm - I am working on improving the deal because if I can, I'm pretty set on getting one.

Dunc

Hi, I saw those deals back then but chickened out. I'm now getting that AMG itch again...! Do you know of any similar deals out there for the outgoing model by any chance? I always buy new but if there are no deals to be had then I might consider used this time. I'm keen on either a C or E saloon...

Any idea what the dealer contribution is ? And surely no discounts yet.

The official dealer discount on the C63S is very small at £1800 only. However I have heard of £5k off for orders placed a while ago.

Oh and there's a C63S edition 1 in Merc Sheffield. I thought they were all silver but obviously not cos this one is diamond white. It looks sensational with all the new '507' type decals etc. The bad thing is the red stripe around the alloys which looks a bit 'Halfords'

Yep the dealer contribution is around £1800, but they can always provide enhanced px or as I'm trying to do.... Take one of their px's off their hands for next to nothing for a winter run around.... This they are happy to do.... So it's like an enhanced contribution.

I like the ED1 but I don't like the side decals, that's really halfords to me, the wheels are the brabus Monoblock's iirc. I toyed with the idea but apart from the quilted seats it didn't offer much more.

Steve

My C63 goes back to Merc in September, so I really need to make a decision in the next couple of weeks if I want the C63S.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom