test drove the C63 coupe this afternoon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ricky s

MB Enthusiast
Car
cars
I was at Goodwood today on an AMG trackday, along with CSR, we both got to test drive some AMG cars, and I got a lenghty spell in the new C63 coupe, gotta tell you all so impressed, I,d have loved to have taken on the track, but it was the local roads only, its performance,brakes, suspension were all very impressive, it rode the road unbelivable well, and was still very comfortable, I gave it a few blips here and there, never felt itwas going to let go or get out of shape, albeit the roads were bone dry. The steering was light and positive, but the exhaust tone especially when put in sport mode, was awesome, down shifting created a cackle from the exhaust, along with the burble from accelerating. The interior is extremely well laid out, good space, I loved it. The sales guy reckons he will have his initial order in two months time, so a while to wait, but I was impressed anyway!

Last edited:
Good man, how do you get invited to these things? I guess I screwed them too hard on the price!!

A couple of photos of C63 coupe at Goodwood

Just attached a couple of photos, via wifeys computor ability, (not me), of the C63 coupe I test drove this afternoon

Last edited:
Looks good, how was the gearbox? Is it any better than the previous one?

Looks good, how was the gearbox? Is it any better than the previous one?

Jon, can,t be too positive here gearbox wise, I have driven a standard C63 and a C63 PP, back to back, and had positive and negative impressions of both, but from what I experienced with this test drive was above those two cars, I loved it. This said I was unable bar a couple of times where I was able to get the power down to a degree, to really go for it, but the car felt really sure footed, it was comfortable, not hard ride feel, its throttle response was better than I have experienced, the gearchange to me was excellent, the whole car, to my mind was an exceptional package, so much so, I am now planning to sell my car earlier than I had intended, I have got to get one of these, it was an amazing test drive, enjoyed every moment.

I am now planning to sell my car earlier than I had intended, I have got to get one of these, it was an amazing test drive, enjoyed every moment.

seems like MB Brighton's plan worked!

I am now planning to sell my car earlier than I had intended, I have got to get one of these, it was an amazing test drive, enjoyed every moment.
It does look gorgeous too, did they give you full details of the pricing Ricky?

Hook, line and sinker Sean!

it happens to the best of us..:thumb:

Last edited:
I test drove the C350 coupe last weekend at MB world brooklands and I was mighty impressed with the chassis. Using my w202 as a comparator it has come a mighty long way. The 6 cyl engine sounded better than I expected, but carried that 6 banger trait of linear power delivery that I don't quite like but I do appreciate that when you feed the power through though the car doesn't twitch under surges of torque which is a great thing round the track, makes for quite a balanced precision weapon!

No, but general discussions with various parties on the day, that it will be around £60K mark
that car list at £72k:eek: with the spec that is on it.
my mate test drove it today and he said it feels really good and the sound is just lovely.
i must admit that when i first saw the c63 coupe in pictures it did'nt quite look right but after seeing it in the flesh i think it looks amazing to the extent of being even better looking than the saloon.:thumb:

Very nice Ricky, looks like a fun day. Selling your car you say...

Jon

Very nice, I love the new C63 coupe, does the new c63 coupe have the MCT gearbox or 7G?

It is abit pricey though, 72k I can pick up the new CLS63 for that much!

Very nice, I love the new C63 coupe, does the new c63 coupe have the MCT gearbox or 7G?

It is abit pricey though, 72k I can pick up the new CLS63 for that much!
the coupe does have mct gearbox.
the base price of the c63 coupe is £57135 its just that with the ppplus at £5200 and lsd at £1635, blk whls at £1550 interior carbon at £1625 exterior carbon at £1235 they can add up quite quickly thats nearly £70k i think this 1 has distronic £1895 hksound £650 pglass £330 tpwire £290.

Ok what about the saloon version? as I just saw both and I must admit I do preffer the new saloon model.
the saloon also has the mct gearbox and has a base price of £55565.the options are exactly the same price.

just wondered has anyone on here taken delivery of the c63 coupe yet?
if so what do you think of it?
i think the c63 coupe looks really good.:thumb:

hey

I bet your E55 is still Quicker then the C63 Coupe : )

acid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom