Test drove V50...and offered a nonsense trade-in!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
Ahem...sorry about this brush with defection :ban: but I test drove a new Volvo V50 today. As mentioned in a previous post, I saw one sat outside my house and it looked great.

So, off to the local dealer with the family. We test drove the 1.6 Diesel - it was incredibly smooth and quiet - and pretty zippy too. Really comfy, nicely screwed together - overall - very impressed.

Dealer then says "would you like me to take a look at your car?" Go on then - let's see what you make of it...

2004 ML350 Inspiration | Tiptronic | Leather | Cruise | Climate | Heated seats | Power mirrors | 69k on clock.

"Right sir, as a ball park, we can offer £5,000".

They're putting the fire out now at the dealers.

That would be the southern trade in price then. Pop "Up North" and get a gradley figure.
Never a better reason to stay with Mercedes though.

Partly the fuel consumption (although at around 24mpg it was never too much of an issue). We also wanted to update the car for something more contemporary. My wife has always felt the ML to be a bit ostentatious, so a more conservative choice this time round too. I really liked the V50 (R design) so we mutually decided that was the one.

Plus we've just hired a cleaner, so the savings will pay for that :eek:

I really like our V50 - it's a basic 1.6S in black but it's good to drive if you're not in a hurry. It looks great though. I'm tempted to get it limo tinted...

Even webuyanycar.com came in at £6,600 - shame on Volvo

Even webuyanycar.com came in at £6,600 - shame on Volvo

That's a headline rate , go there - they make you hang around forevervand knock it way down for silly reasons - then most people accept the silly lower offer due to exhaustion and hassle factors

Even webuyanycar.com came in at £6,600 - shame on volvo

dont you mean shame on ford lol.. that focus floorplan they whore off to volvo for 90% of there models

get the wife a 2nd hand CLK230 i get over 30mpg its fast 2 door i picked mine up 2 years ago for £6000 with 40k on the clock and its stocked with toys..

Ahem...sorry about this brush with defection :ban: but I test drove a new Volvo V50 today. As mentioned in a previous post, I saw one sat outside my house and it looked great.

So, off to the local dealer with the family. We test drove the 1.6 Diesel - it was incredibly smooth and quiet - and pretty zippy too. Really comfy, nicely screwed together - overall - very impressed.

Dealer then says "would you like me to take a look at your car?" Go on then - let's see what you make of it...

2004 ML350 Inspiration | Tiptronic | Leather | Cruise | Climate | Heated seats | Power mirrors | 69k on clock.

"Right sir, as a ball park, we can offer £5,000".

They're putting the fire out now at the dealers.

Perhaps you should visit another Volvo dealer to see if they are all the same.

I can recommend Lookers Colchester. Call Mr Rob Lang on 01206 717300 and tell him what you were offered etc. Also mention to him that I gave you the number pls (Patrik - XC60).

Best sales person I have ever come across!!

(...and no, I don't work there!).

Must admit I have owned both cars ML & Volvo (still own) Volvo is miles superior totally different cars but I would have to rate my ML as one of the worst cars I have owned.

Been in the MB, BMW, Audi, and Porsche dealers this weekned with my Nephew and I'll tell you what the build quality of MB is significantly below the other German marques even on the C63 it quite shocked me it was that noticeable, compared to the Porsche Panamera the C63 does not look very well screwed together at all.

That's a headline rate , go there - they make you hang around forevervand knock it way down for silly reasons
No, they knock it down if the car isn't as you described (typically some dents / dings / etc. not declared).

I got the price offered on the website for mine, and it was relatively quick & painless. Think we had to wait about 30 mins. while it was inspected (Cargiant, Chertsey).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom