Tested An E Cab Today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DSLiverpool

MB Enthusiast
Car
Subaru Outback 3.0Rn
Was a 250d but it didnt seem underpowered, exeptionally well screwed together however it was brand new.

Nice airy cabin, nice dash even though it was the low rent one and when the roof was down you hardly noticed a draft (we raised the little tennis court ne above the windscreen).

I cant comment on the handling as you cant do much in Liverpool city but it was smooth and I liked it

However a E500 with mild spec is £60k (no discounts) and comes with tiny tiny wheels or so they appear in big big arches and its just not sexy enough, not mean enough, not exiting enough on the outside.

Its a big car, it seems like a big car and it looks like a big car - not for me.

Same argument with the coupe, IMHO a car has to make you want it every time you look at it and wheels are an essential part of this, maybe the coupe / cab will be revisited after the next motor.

I've driven the E500 coupe and it felt like a small car, easily placed, hilariously powerful and wonderful.

I've driven the E500 coupe and it felt like a small car, easily placed, hilariously powerful and wonderful.
And it's is not a big car. It is based on the C class. Not much room in the back.

As for big wheels they just spoil the ride and look like kids in Novas.

I agree, i've driven the less powerful version the 350 petrol still felt fast and really nice to drive... Can't say that about the new E220 CDi I drove, didnt like it one bit, didnt feel like a merc to me!

But I like the E-coupe, it's a really nice car in white with pan roof and red leather, wish merc did an AMG model :D

And it's is not a big car. It is based on the C class. Not much room in the back.

As for big wheels they just spoil the ride and look like kids in Novas.

But I like the E-coupe, it's a really nice car in white with pan roof and red leather, wish merc did an AMG model :D

Opinions differ but even the sales guys couldnt understand why 19" were not available (surely 19" are not chavvy) they just look a bit lost the 18" ones especially in an E500. An AMG is not on the schedule I was told I gues it would be an easy £85k if it was !! and would maybe have bigger wheels.

Im trying a S5 convertible next whilst it stll has a V8 (changing to a V6 supercharged / turbo I wasnt really listening)

But I will have a look at the German tuners to see if any wheels are available before I commit

Looking on the Brabus website I reckong 18s just need a little lowering to make them look right rather than needing to go bigger. 19s look nice though, 20s are an inch too far.

A look at the mb-configurator site shows nothing beyond 18" from factory.

I agree, i've driven the less powerful version the 350 petrol still felt fast and really nice to drive... Can't say that about the new E220 CDi I drove, didnt like it one bit, didnt feel like a merc to me!

I bet merc will do an AMG model. Maybe with the new biturbo 5500cc engine near the end of the cars life. Would be a good rival for an M3/911.

I haven't sampled a 212 to drive yet. Didn't feel that nice inside TBH but apparently they are good cars to drive.

Opinions differ but even the sales guys couldnt understand why 19" were not available (surely 19" are not chavvy) they just look a bit lost the 18" ones especially in an E500. An AMG is not on the schedule I was told I gues it would be an easy £85k if it was !! and would maybe have bigger wheels.

Im trying a S5 convertible next whilst it stll has a V8 (changing to a V6 supercharged / turbo I wasnt really listening)

But I will have a look at the German tuners to see if any wheels are available before I commit

Still think this is the best set up I have seen on the new coupe with 20" HRE wheels
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/859896-post41.html

Im trying a S5 convertible next whilst

I drove an A5 convertible - with a manual gearbox. Hopeless, hopeless driving position due to massively offset pedals. Almost impossible to drive - and yet does this get a mention in the road tests? Of course not, it's far more important to tow the 'Audi image' line when it's their adverts that pay for the magazine!

I just hope the autos are better!

I drove an A5 convertible - with a manual gearbox. Hopeless, hopeless driving position due to massively offset pedals. Almost impossible to drive - and yet does this get a mention in the road tests? Of course not, it's far more important to tow the 'Audi image' line when it's their adverts that pay for the magazine!

I just hope the autos are better!

I found that with the TTS, crap driving position, I've driven 2 audis now and they don't compare to Mercedes or even BMW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom