Text message

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

puffleorange

Car
C220d
I've now had my new C220d for a week, first Merc and loving it so far!

I have one little gripe, I have obviously connected the phone, lumia 640, by bluetooth but whenever a text message comes in it mutes the radio as it seems to think it is a call. If I press the end call button on the steering wheel the radio comes back on.

Is there any way of stopping this?

BTW it is a company phone so I can't change to an iPhone if this is a solution!!

Thanks

Daniel

2016 C220d SE with Executive Pack

Hmmm.
When ours was new, incoming text messages were read out then the bluetooth/linguatronic lady asked if we would like to reply and it would convert speech to a text.
It doesn't do that anymore and we haven't a clue what setting has been changed , whether in car or on phones.
1 phone is a lumia 925 the other is a samsung mini

I've now had my new C220d for a week, first Merc and loving it so far!

I have one little gripe, I have obviously connected the phone, lumia 640, by bluetooth but whenever a text message comes in it mutes the radio as it seems to think it is a call. If I press the end call button on the steering wheel the radio comes back on.

Is there any way of stopping this?

BTW it is a company phone so I can't change to an iPhone if this is a solution!!

Thanks

Daniel

2016 C220d SE with Executive Pack

Is yours reading out the text, but with the volume set so low you can't hear it?

Hi Piff

I always have the radio on, so unless there are separate settings for the text speech I don't think it is on quiet.

Hi Piff

I always have the radio on, so unless there are separate settings for the text speech I don't think it is on quiet.

Yes, our radio volume, sat nav volume are separate, so maybe Piff is onto something. :dk:

Ant.

Try turning the volume up with the steering wheel controls when it mutes the radio:dk:

When I first got my Lumia 640 when receiving a text in the car , music shut off and the text was read out aloud , since updating the software on the Phone this no longer is the case . :crazy:

If it's the same process as raising/lowering the volume of the speech directions for the sat nav, then you need to hit the volume dial just as speech starts to adjust that volume, got to time it right

That's how I done the Satnav volume anyway! :thumb:

Yes Ash. I once turned the sat nav volume down because it was driving me mad. What a job I had timing it right to turn it up again.

Ant.

When I first got my Lumia 640 when receiving a text in the car , music shut off and the text was read out aloud , since updating the software on the Phone this no longer is the case . :crazy:

That could be it. New car is going back to main dealer soon for map updates. I intend to bend the ear of their tech man to ask about this and how to tether phone for internet use.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom