Texts displayed in comand screen?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SL300-24

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
1984 500SL, 2007 E320 CDI Sport Estate, 1995 SL320 R129
I have a post-facelift W211 Estate with command, and an iphone cradle for my 3gs iphone.

Can I, and if so how, read text messages on the move?

Is there a way of getting these displayed on the comand screen?

Thanks

There is not - the cradle uses bluetooth to talk between it and the iPhone and doesn't support any bluetooth profiles that would transfer text messages

Richard

Same with my BlackBerry in its bluetooth cradle. It's a real pain if I'm meeting colleagues as they'll often communicate change of time or even venue by text.

One of the real plus points of having a dedicated cradle with pre-wire is that it will not only recieve texts, but read them out to you! My vintage Sony W810i in the CLS does it really well.
My Blackberry via bluetooth will not:(

One of the real plus points of having a dedicated cradle with pre-wire is that it will not only recieve texts, but read them out to you! My vintage Sony W810i in the CLS does it really well.
My Blackberry via bluetooth will not:(

I have a dedicated cradle with pre-wire. Used to have a Nokia 6310i and that worked fine (although didn't read the texts out).

The annoying thing is the BlackBerry cradle uses the same UHI connector from car to cradle, but the phone to to cradle link (even though it sits in the cradle) is bluetooth. OK, this is BlackBerry's fault for not putting a connector on the phone, but then what is the reason Iphone can't physically connect? That does have a suitable connector on the phone.

Same reason, the link between the cradle and iphone is bluetooth. The older cradles like the Nokia dont use a bluetooth link between the phone and cradle which is why the text message display works.

Thank you all for the informative replies :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom