Textured Front bumper damage :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Olliebx1

Car
Mercedes vito
Evening all, sorry if this has already been asked I've tried searching to see but can't find anything.

I caught the side of a wall this morning in my facelift vito and its scuffed the front bumper, it's the grey textured finish on it. Is there a textured spray or anything that I can use to try and blend it back in to the rest of the bumper?

Thanks in advance

Have you tried a heat gun? Tends to turn back time on plastic scratches. That's assuming it's a non painted bumper. Practice on your wheelie bin or something first.

Is there a textured spray

Yeah it's next to the tartan paint.

Last edited:
You could try Plastidip. It has a matt/slightly textured finish, but you'd probably have to do all of the bumpers to match it up.

Evening all, sorry if this has already been asked I've tried searching to see but can't find anything.

I caught the side of a wall this morning in my facelift vito and its scuffed the front bumper, it's the grey textured finish on it. Is there a textured spray or anything that I can use to try and blend it back in to the rest of the bumper?

Thanks in advance

Many years ago when I had Passats, I had the black textured insert of the rear bumper damaged when the car was in having the front bumper resprayed under warranty. The damage was consistent with being reversed against a roughcast wall, i.e. a lot of minor pitting.

Whatever they did, I don't know, but when the car came back there was a perfectly acceptable repair, probably not textured as oe, but acceptable nevertheless.

Ernie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom