TFR (Traffic Film Remover) Staining on Black Gloss Trims

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Folks

Apologies if this has been asked before (I did a search).

My Wife's new X5 has been treated to a wash, at some point in it's past) using TFR. This has developed an 'oily film' stain on the window pillar trims. It is resisting all efforts to remove it.

I have tried.

Meg's glass cleaner
White Vinegar
Meg's Black Plastic Restorer
Black Wax
Normal wax
Fairy Liquid

It is improving but not clearing.

I have seen suggested using (yes this is true) undiluted TFR on a cotton pad?

Not wishing to make it as bad as when I started, I have resisted.

Any suggestions. No. It was not us that had it washed in TFR. Yes I know how nasty TFR is. No. I do not wish to invest in a new set of window pillar trims. But may consider a carbon fiber wrap, if all else fails.

Thank you.

Bruce

Bruce be very carefull mate with this stuff .I used it to clean caravans that came in part exchange at the company i worked for. It will stain the top coat of alloy no problem at all .I know i did one caravan ,brand new , that had stood under trees, and it was coverd in tree sap.It was a nice day and the sun soon dried it on to the alloy parts .I could not shift it .I could only hide it with WD40 Sorry you wont move it, its a live with thing now .Or replace damaged items

Bruce be very carefull mate with this stuff .I used it to clean caravans that came in part exchange at the company i worked for. It will stain the top coat of alloy no problem at all .I know i did one caravan ,brand new , that had stood under trees, and it was coverd in tree sap.It was a nice day and the sun soon dried it on to the alloy parts .I could not shift it .I could only hide it with WD40 Sorry you wont move it, its a live with thing now .Or replace damaged items

Yes thank you. Sadly, twas not me that used it (I don't) I just want to get rid of the staining without pulling the car apart.

Mini da machine polisher will sort it

brucemillar said:
What should I use with the DA?
Treat the pillar trims like one would treat the paint work i.e compound polish and cutting pad then refine with finishing polish and finishing pad.. one would normally use a mini da or a normal da with a small backing plate and pad..

kam09 said:
Treat the pillar trims like one would treat the paint work i.e compound polish and cutting pad then refine with finishing polish and finishing pad.. one would normally use a mini da or a normal da with a small backing plate and pad..

What this mad said.

I meant man not mad

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom