Thank God for that !!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisMc

I bought my 1st Merc 6 weeks ago, a 56 plate E320 Sport Estate, with 57k on.
Coming from an official Mercedes Dealer, it came with all the usual 1yr warranty etc, and the service was excellent, if a little OTT in some respects.

Car has been fantastic, apart from on probably 3 occasions, it seemed to not want to pulll normally, or even rev over 3k, even when stationary. Each time, after turning off momentarily, all was normal again.

I mentioned this to my local dealer, who suggested getting it in to check the Engine Diagnostics, and today it went in.

3pm, a call came. They have apparently found something, and Mercedes have advised them to change both the Exhaust & Inlet (?) manifolds, and quite possibly the Turbo after a full inspection.
Apparently, Mercedes themselves will be paying for 75% of the cost, leaving the Warranty supplier with 25% only.

Total for Parts, & labour, is likely to total £3000 !

I'm not convinced its quite as bad as that, but if thats what Mercedes are saying needs doing.........

Anyone else have anything similar occur ?

I have seen this one. The inlet port shut off is a old fault. But they cause bigger issues when they break up. They damage the turbo.

This sounds like a BMW common problem

I have just had to change a E220 CDi inlet manifold because the port shut off valve on cylinder No 2 had broken away and lodged itself in the cylinder head. Bit of an expensive job :crazy:. Manifold £260 ish, gaskets at £25 ish and labout 6 hours :wallbash:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom