Thank god...

Koolvin

Administrator
Staff member
Car
W168, W169 & S202
Thank god for AC,

(and rear electric blind and Side blinds)

Freezing cold air what a pleasent drive!!!! I regestered 36C when I went to the car park and 34C once moving!

Steve_Perry

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI Grand Edition
Carpark here was 39.5 to 40.0 C, I didn't get a chance to get any speed up whilst driving to dealer. Hehe the a/c was bliss though. I can only imagine rear sun-blinds :p

S.

RichardM

MB Enthusiast
Car
2011 CLS350 CDI
Also thank god for underground parking at work! Car is lovely and cool when I get into it.

weebobster

Car
C220 cdi
If it gets any hotter, im going to insist that I work in my Benz:rock:

fuzzer

MB Enthusiast
Car
F25 X3 20d SE
My office is like a freezer :D

scotth_uk

MB Enthusiast
Car
Renault
Spare a thought for those of us with A/C that doesn't get re-gassed until *this* weekend!!!!!!

pluggers

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK 200 kompressor w209
At least you have air con, I have to drive with the windows down at 70mph to cool down.:(

Shude

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK55 AMG
Here are my tips for maximum aircon enjoyment:

1. Open all the windows before getting into the car
2. Drive like this for 1 minute to let the hot air escape and let some cooler air in
3. Close the windows and fire up the aircon
4. When the aircon has cooled the cabin air sufficiently (about 5 mins), switch to recirculate (so it's only having to cool already colder cabin air)

This should put the least load on your aircon system and should cool the interior well :)

sym

MB Enthusiast
Car
W204 C220CDI Sport
Originally posted by Shude

2. Drive like this for 1 minute to let the hot air escape and let some cooler air in
4. When the aircon has cooled the cabin air sufficiently (about 5 mins), switch to recirculate (so it's only having to cool already colder cabin air)

This should put the least load on your aircon system and should cool the interior well :)

EDIT No. 1..... open all windows WITH KEYFOB !!

jimmy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!
Originally posted by Shude

I think they recommend switching recirculation on first so that you are cooling already cooled air, that is why recirculate switches off automatically after a while and starts drawing in fresh air from outside.

RichardM

MB Enthusiast
Car
2011 CLS350 CDI
Why not switch the aircon on first? I usually do that before getting in the car.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
Aircon???? Wassat for then?

I'm now used to driving at 80 with all the windows wide open - it suddenly dawned on mye the other day why the REAR windscreen was laminated on Mercedes Coupe's - Its to protect the screen from fast flying objects hitting the rear windscreen from the inside. ;)

Last edited:

Shude

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
CLK55 AMG
Originally posted by RichardM
Why not switch the aircon on first? I usually do that before getting in the car.
Because it puts a lot of strain on the aircon components, much easier to cool slightly cooler air :)

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
Snap, but I drive with aircon on and windows down for 1st minute as soon as air comes out cold (very quick) windows go up. :D

RichardM

MB Enthusiast
Car
2011 CLS350 CDI
Thats what what owners manual suggests, lower the windows initially as that is the quickest way to let the hot air escape.

sym

MB Enthusiast
Car
W204 C220CDI Sport
for some reason, the "recirc" effect doesn't seem to be as powerful on the merc, as I have noticed on other cars.... it used to almost double the fan speed on my Honda and cool the car really quickly ... so from what you guys are saying, I agree with using standard air-con first, and then re-circ for a while once it starts to get cold. (although this is contrary to what it says in the manual ...... weird !!!)

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
Originally posted by sym
for some reason, the "recirc" effect doesn't seem to be as powerful on the merc, as I have noticed on other cars.... it used to almost double the fan speed on my Honda and cool the car really quickly ... so from what you guys are saying, I agree with using standard air-con first, and then re-circ for a while once it starts to get cold. (although this is contrary to what it says in the manual ...... weird !!!)

Re-circ 1st is the quickest to cool in theory.

If you use it and level 2 on the blower, you can hear it kick up a notch when you press re-circ. If you have blower on full you cannot hear a difference.

sym

MB Enthusiast
Car
W204 C220CDI Sport
interesting ! (give me auto climate control any day :()

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom